20- Life or Death

"Wake up Luke, wake up." Madison's voice said ringing in my head.

"I need you Lukas." Nora's voice said.

"I'm sorry I left you out there." Barry spoke.

"I love you so much, son and I'm so proud of who you've become." My father said.

"He's a hero."

"I know." I heard two unfamiliar voices speaking to each other. A man and a women.

"We should've helped him, we shouldn't have left him out on his own." Cisco groaned.

"It's our fault." Ralph agreed.

"Leave no man behind, and we left him behind." Caitlin said.

"He's going to wake up. He has to." Joe said to Cecile.

"He still has a city to save." Cecille said.

I opened my eyes.

I was sitting in the hospital room, in a chair. A man lay on the hospital bed, breathing slowly. If he wasn't breathing he would've been dead.

I slowly walked towards the medical bed and caught a lump in my throat when I realized I was staring at myself.

I began to breath heavy and a large snowfall suddenly began to fall outside. The decorations inside the room changed and I remembered this room all too well. A memory I had kept hidden for a long time.

"No, no, no." I said starting to tear up. Where the hell was I?

I looked back to the bed and saw my mom, deathly pale, deep bags under her tear stained eye, no hair, no muscle.

"Lukas, Lukas save me." She cried.

"I'm so sorry I could save you mom." I cried. "I'm so sorry."

My mom lunged from her bed and attacked me. "This is all your fault that I'm dead!" She screamed turning into some sort of wraith.

"No, this isn't real. You're only in my head." I said rolling out from the Wraiths grip and started towards the door.

I exited the hospital room and found myself in a completely different scene.

I looked at the calendar on the wall. It was marked December 6th. I fell into my coma on Thanksgiving night. No way it was December 6th.

My mom was standing next to me again, she looked normal. Beautiful. How she did before the cancer got to her. "Time moves different in here, Luke." Her voice whispered. "You can wake up if you so choose, but it's not going to be easy. But remember death in here, is death out there." She said pointing to another door before disappearing.

I gulped as I twisted the knob on the door and entered.

"What's up, Pukey." One of the boys snarled at me.

First my mom, now my childhood bullies Jason Bones, Alex Jensen, and Justin Walker. My mother was right this was not going to be easy. I was going to have to fight my way out.

The first boy lunged at me and I tried to use my abilities to my advantage but my mind was stupid and insecure and it clearly made my bullies stronger and faster than they actually were.

I got hit with a solid punch to my left face and another to my right.

I underestimated them. Unreal, I have my powers for five months and it already goes to my head.

"Round two?" I questioned raising my fists.

They cocked their heads before lunging at me.

I ducked under Alex's fist causing him to swing around and hit Jason. Jason stumbled back in surprise and I slid on the ground and kicked out the back of Alex's leg sending him on his back.

Alex's body disappeared into dust and I continued fighting.

I spun and sent a right hook across Justin's face and saw Jason regaining his composure out of the corner of my eye.

Justin crumbled to dust in front of my and I turned on Jason. His eyes squinted, determined to let me get through that door behind me.

We got in a hand to hand fighting match that went back and forth but clearly in my favor. I sent a quick jab straight into his stomach, my hand went straight through his skin as he crumbled to dust.

"I'm coming." I said to myself not knowing if anyone would hear me on the outside.

***
Lukas's comatose body squirmed stirring Madison awake.

"Luke?" She asked.

His body squirmed again.

Madison reached out and grabbed his hand, the movements stopped. The machine connected to his brain waves was spiking randomly.

It spiked again before going back down.

Madison had to take a personal leave of absence from Star City until Luke woke up. They were competitive, they had a sibling rivalry, but they loved each other and they always would.

When they were children no one was allowed to pick on them aside from each other. They would beak and chirp at each other but as soon as someone else did it they'd create a very scary team.

"Hey Luke?" Madison asked. "I don't know if you can hear me or how any of this works but remember what you did to my Holden when you found out he was being abusive?" She asked tearing up.

"It was my senior year and your sophomore year. You were already both the star hockey player and the star football player, you already carved your name into high school. No one wanted to mess with you then, even Jason, Justin, and Alex stayed away from you. Holden was terrified of you finding out what he was doing to me. When I finally got the courage to tell you, you didn't say anything. You got up and left." Madison said wiping her eyes of tears. "I didn't know what you had gone to do until you came back and I found out that Holden was found unconscious in an alley covered in a bruises and blood. The cops ruled out assault on you due to the fact that you were smart enough to provoke a fight, or that he was just an idiot. You taught me how to be strong and stick up for myself, so I sat in that courtroom and confessed to being abused." Madison said resting her head on Luke's chest. "You were strong for me, Luke, and I'm trying to be strong for you. It's just so hard."

Luke's brain waves suddenly spiked again and his hand involuntarily squeezed Madison's that already rested in her hand.

"I'm coming."