24- Truth

I dropped my emblem on the table as Nora and I walked into the apartment.

I took a deep breath.

It smelled the same as when I had left.

"Home sweet home." I said smiling as I walked through the memories I had left here six months ago when I had gone under.

"How do you feel?" Nora asked as she poured wine pulling me from staring out at the city.

"I feel good, but strange." I said turning around and smiling at her.

"Like I'm not supposed to be here. Almost like a unknown force is pulling me away. Like I don't belong."

Nora chuckled. "Tell me about it."

My phone began to buzz in my pocket.

I looked at it confused.

"Up for a drink?"

"Who is it?"

"An old friend from school." I told Nora.

Back in highschool whenever we needed a quick pick up from a party or if something was happening we'd send "Heard you're awake, what's up loser?"

"Back from Star City? Who's that?"

I nodded. "Thea Queen."

"You good?"

She shook her head before sitting down. "Luke, there's something I need to tell you."

My heart sunk with the possibilities that she could tell me. Only one, really destroyed me. One that she had known all along but had gone through with it.

"I love you Luke, I really do. There's no one else I'd rather be with. I lied to you and I let myself fall for you when I knew it wouldn't last." Nora started.

"Nora, what are you talking about?" I said not ready to believe what was happening.

"Barry is not my cousin and neither is Iris." Nora said wiping a tear. "They're my parents."

I stumbled backwards. "What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"I'm from the future, Luke." Nora said shaking her head. "Now that the Reverse Flash is lose again I have to go back soon."

I shook my head in disbelief.

"You've lied to me this whole time, and I never even had a clue. Our whole relationship was meant to end and you just let it happen." I said angrily.

Nora opened her mouth to speak but I held up a hand.

"Don't say anything." I said grabbing my spider emblem off the table and launching myself out the window and into the night.

***
I pressed the spider to my chest as I felt the black spandex began to cover my body as I swung throughout the city.

I had no where to go.

I was alone.

In the big city.

My phone buzzed again.

I released my webbing and flipped onto the corner of a large building.

"You left me on read...? You good."

I felt the tears fall down my face and onto my phone screen as my heart broke with every word. "I need a drink."

The three bubbles on the bottom left corner appeared in seconds as she started typing.

"Central City Pub, ten minutes."

I wiped my face before I jumped back into the city swinging from building to building heading towards downtown Central City to meet someone I had not seen since I left Star City.

I landed softly in an alleyway behind the bar before I pressed the logo on my suit as the spandex retracted back into the spider and fell into my hands.

I pulled my jacket around my body as I tried to distract myself from the fact that I was carrying my heart in a million pieces.

I pulled open the door and pushed passed a few people. It was almost eleven o'clock which is when the bars were usually full, I scooted between people before I saw a woman my age, with dark brown hair sitting alone in a booth by herself.

Thea Queen.

She looked almost as miserable as I did.

"Well if one thing hasn't changed since highschool, it's that you're always late." She said smiling at me as she stood up and wrapped her arms around me.

We smiled as we took a seat in silence.

"It's good to see you." I said breaking the silence. "It's been so long, ever since graduation we just parted ways."

"It was Oliver wasn't it." Thea said smirking. "That's why you left."

"How is he? Is he still putting arrows in people?" I asked her.

Her mouth dropped. "You know?"

"Please, I knew ever since it started. Especially when you started dating Roy."

Her face dropped. "Which is no longer a thing again."

"Roy and I went to destroy Lazarus Pits across the world so the dead would be able to stay dead and not be consumed by the darkness from what happens in the pit." She started. "As you probably already know Roy was killed by the Thanatos Guild and we used it to bring Roy back, but after he was injected with Mirakuru during Deathstroke's crusade, the spell which would quench his bloodlust didn't work on him. We had a falling out and he left."

"Oh wow, that's a lot." I said to her.

"I'm assuming that Nora told you the truth." She said reading me like a book.

I nodded sadly.

"I'm thinking of leaving Central City. There's other cities out there who don't have heroes."

Thea nodded. "That's a good way of thinking, I'll come with you. Help you get your feet under you."

I shook my head. "I can't ask you to help me. Not to mention, you have things back in Star City you need to take care of."

"Can I come visit?" She asked.

I chuckled. "Of course."

A bartender put down a tray of shots.

"You didn't." I said to her.

"Just like in highschool."

"Yeah except we were boozehounds in highschool, now we're heroes." I saw dropping a shot down my throat.

"I think we can be high schoolers for one more night." She said winking at me as she did one.

We kept going back and forth until we both had way to much to drink.

"I have a problem." I said to her.

"What's that." She asked resting her head on the table.

"I don't have anywhere to stay." I said shyly.

She whipped out a hotel key card.

"You do now."