6

"I guess we should head inside. Stay close. If you see anyone or anything just grab my arm." Meliodas said, gently grabbing Elizabeth's face with his hands.

"Right."

Meliodas released her face and opened the front door. It was very old, so it creaked. Very loudly. Elizabeth kept her calm demeanor and walked behind Meliodas.

Inside the house, there was a staircase in front of the door, a doorway right beside it which lead into what seemed to be the kitchen, and another door to the other side which lead to a bedroom. Upstairs didn't have much, only another single room. The house seemed to be empty.

"I was positive there was magic energy here.." Elizabeth sighed. "What now?"

"A very good question, Princess." A man said from the shadows. Meliodas turned around and pulled Elizabeth behind him, protecting her.

"Who's there?!" Meliodas shouted. The man showed himself. He was tall with extremely notable facial features. He had brown hair, and was wearing a tux of some sort.

"Forgive me, I can't tell you." He said.

"What are you planning here? I know you're up to no good, so you might as well just tell us now. Otherwise, I'll have you arrested for treason." Elizabeth said confidently.

"Very well then. My master is plotting to overthrow the kingdom of Liones. That is all I can say."

"Your- Your master?" Elizabeth questioned. "I'll have him arrested, tell me who he is!"

"Now now, you can't arrest someone if you don't know their identity, can you? So then, I shall keep quiet. And you shall head back home. Come back tomorrow, if you will." The man said. He picked up the couple by their shirts and threw them outside.

"Damn!" Meliodas exclaimed. "Are you okay, El?"

"Yes, I'm fine." She sighed, looking up at the house. "We need to find out who they are. I fear that Liones will face extreme dangers if we don't do something now."

"It'll be alright. We'll fix this. For now, we should go tell everyone at home." Meliodas said, pushing himself off the ground then helping Elizabeth up.

"Yeah.."

With that, the two of them headed back to the castle, sharing ideas on how to fix the problem that lies ahead of them.

___________________________________

The unidentified girl walked through the forest until she reached a field. She covered her eyes from the sun until they adjusted to the bright light. In the field, she saw wild horses, flowers, and a large castle in the distance.

"Well, this definitely isn't home. Perhaps I should just go get help." She mumbled to herself. She walked towards the wild horses, which surprisingly didn't run away. She smiled and soothingly whispered "hi there!" as she pet a pure white one.

"Can you help me travel quicker?" She asked. It seems as though she can talk to animals, since she mounted the horse after saying "thank you."

"Let's go to that castle over there, okay?" She told the horse.

-
this chapter sucks i'm sorry it was rushed but i'll come back and edit it later so stay tuned!

soon the girl's identity will be revealed, along with the other ocs i have in store!