Anticipation

The class sat in a circle, like they always do for internship classes. There were 2 seats open: one across from Tess and one right beside her. Haley took the seat across from her knowing the professor would probably be able to feel the heat coming off her body if she sat next to her. Plus, she wanted to take in the nice view without having to be too discrete. There were only 10 people in class, making it easier for everyone to get to know each other better. Tess read off the attendance sheet and asked everyone where they were doing their internship. She called Haley's name with a smile. She could feel her cheeks get red as she thought about how sweet her name sounded coming from Tess's mouth. When she finally answered, the professor responded that she did her internship at the same location. "I'd like to talk to you after class about it some time if that's okay," Tess questioned. All Haley could do was smile and nod. "How the hell am I going to be alone with her in a room when I already get flustered by her just by being in a group setting," she thought. Her phone vibrated and read a text from Angie that said, "If everyone knew you were a lesbian, they'd know you were hot for teacher. Instead they probably think you just suck at speaking in front of large groups." Haley laughed because both were true.

      Haley's POV--

I had six weeks to prepare for this case presentation and now I'm not only nervous to speak in a group, but also Tess is going to have her eyes completely on me for a whole half hour. My heart sank at the thought of her looking at me.

Luckily Maddie is going first which means Tess will be facing away from me so I can admire her. I felt satisfaction knowing I had a half hour to be with my thoughts. I couldn't help but notice she doesn't have a ring on her finger. Tess crossed her leg and to my surprise I saw a small tattoo on the inside of her left leg. I couldn't quite make out what it was, but it tells me a little more about who she is outside of class. I felt like it was our little secret that no one knew except her and I. The more I found out about her, the more intrigued I became.

She called my name and I both loved and hated hearing it at the same time. My face flushed and I could feel my heartbeat throughout every part of my body. With a shakiness in my voice I began presenting my case. I knew I needed to make eye contact with Tess while I spoke. That was a one and done thing. The second I made eye contact with her, I stumbled over my words and had to find my place again on my sheet. Her piercing blue eyes sent a shock through my body that traveled down between my legs. My God she's attractive.

The end of my presentation was followed up with questions and concerns I had. After listening to the class, Tess made her comments. I couldn't tell you what she said, all I could tell you is she spoke in the softest and warmest tone I have ever heard. It made you want to tell her everything and nothing at the same time. She was dangerous for me. She validated everything I was feeling, well almost everything. Now all there is to do is wait for her to ask me to say after class to talk about my site.

Tess's POV--

I've got Maddie and Haley going today, but Haley looks like she's too nervous to go first, so I'll let Maddie go and give her some time to cool down. Hopefully this is quick and painless for everyone involved. I'm getting so burnt out on presentations week after week.

One done one more to go, at least that one wasn't as difficult as I've seen. I quickly turned my chair as I called on Haley and to my surprise she was already looking at me. Her cheeks were still red and I could see her fumbling with her paper. She must hate speaking in front of groups so I'll have to make sure to be extra supportive of her.

Her voice shook as she spoke, but she was powering her way through it. Her hands were trembling as she tried to hide it by resting her hands on her legs. At this point she still didn't make eye contact. Half way through she looked up and locked eyes with me to which I smiled in encouragement. She seemed to freeze, forgetting everything and relying back on her paper to help her find her words. This might be one of the most difficult things to watch as I realized how uncomfortable she is and there is nothing I can do.

As she finished I couldn't help myself but lean towards her trying to offer my support the only way I could. I provided her with help to her question, but tried to remain approachable and comforting to remind her I was always here if she needed to talk. What was it about this girl that shook her confidence? I see her with friends and she seems confident and funny. She was a mystery to me, one that I wanted so desperately to crack, but how could I with the position I'm in?