Anonymous

Haley and Tess both loved to travel and be outdoors. They planned out their whole summer around one another so they could go on vacation together. A national conference was taking both of them to North Carolina for their jobs where they planned to extend their stay and make a vacation out of it.

"I'm not letting your crazy ass drive through the mountains, you'll send us over the cliff or up one of those run away truck ramps, Tess yelled as she grabbed the keys from Haley's hands.

"An 8 hour trip is going to turn into 10 with how slow you drive old lady", Haley said sarcastically, immediately regretting her choice of words.

Tess scowled at Haley. She knew Tess was already sensitive about the age difference and her being enough for her, but it just slipped out.

Haley reached her hand out to grab Tess's "I didn't meant for that to come across as an insult to your age, you know I prefer older women and age is just a number to me. I'll try and think before I speak next time babe."

Tess hesitated before locking her fingers with her hand. They drove straight through with Tess only letting Haley drive once they were through Virginia. Tess immediately passed out in the passenger seat with her hand on Haley's thigh.

"Look at her, she's perfect. I never thought I'd have the opportunity to be with her, not in a million years. I don't know what would happen if I lost her, or if someone found out we were together," Haley thought to herself

They unloaded their bags and headed inside to check in. The conference was in the hotel so the likelihood that many other healthcare professionals were staying there too was exceptionally high. Haley and Tess decided to separate and go to the room at different times so no one was suspicious.

Haley's POV--

"I hate hotels," I mumbled under my breath. I took a disinfectant wipe and cleaned off the table to put my bags down. I went straight for the bed and pulled the comforter off and checked the sheets to make sure they were clean and there were no bed bugs.

I noticed Tess sitting in a chair watching me as she bit her finger to hold in her laughter.

"Look, I'm not a germophobe it's just thousands of people have been in here and you never know if the cleaning staff forgets something. I'm going to wear flip flops in the shower and shoes when I walk around the room. Go ahead and laugh, but if you get sick or some kind of something, don't say I didn't tell you so."

I continued to place all of my things on a towel on the counter so they weren't touching the granite. I turned around to see Tess locking her fingers through my belt loops and pulling me in for a kiss. Our lips met. "Mmmm you taste like a creamsicle." She smiled and held the candy between her teeth. I tried to grab it with mine, but wasn't quick enough.

My hands were wrapped around her neck and she picked me up, pulling my legs around her waist. I gasped when I realized she was stronger than she looked. She lifted me onto the bathroom counter, which typically I'd avoid touching when I was in a good state of mine, but all I could focus on was her hands tugging on my pants and her fingers undoing my zipper.

"Baby aren't you hungry we haven't eaten since... I let out a moan as she placed her hand over my mouth and slipped her hand down my panties. "I've got room service right here both dinner and dessert," she smirked.

We never left the bedroom the rest of the night.

Tess rolled over to turn off the alarm on her phone. She always got up earlier than I did to get ready. I watched her slip on a pair of tight blue jeans that she had to tug at to get them over her butt. She pulled on a red shirt with a tight fit around her stomach. I loved watching her get ready. "What are you staring at silly," she questioned.

"My sexy professor. I've always stared at you in class, now I just get to admire what no one else gets to see under those clothes."

I finished getting ready as Tess headed down to the conference room. I hated having to pretend like we were nothing but colleagues. We all ate breakfast, some of us more than others since we didn't eat dinner last night. I mingled with people from all over the country and before promptly taking my seat next to Sara as the speaker began.

The conference was over a two day period at which we leaned new things and practiced with our colleagues. At the end of day 1, Tess found her way over to me. All we did was talk like we hadn't seen each other in months. No one seemed to know there was something going on between us.

7:30 rolled around and Tess and I were having a glass of wine on the patio when there was knock at the door. "Room service," he yelled. "Did you order something babe?" she looked at me curiously. "No, that's weird." I answered the door and told him there must have been a mistake.

"One of the other guests ordered dessert for the two of you and he thought you'd like the banana split." We took the dessert before he handed us a card and said, "He also told me to give you this card and tell you congratulations." Tess and I exchanged looks, concern written all over our face.

"I know your secret Tessa, you may think you can fool everyone, but you can't fool me. Enjoy this banana split, on me. Maybe it will prepare you for my banana split, that is unless you want me to tell everyone you're screwing your former student."

I saw Tess starting to fall to her knees as tears streamed down her face. I grabbed her, quickly pulling her up and into my arms. I didn't know if there was anything I could say to make this better.

"He doesn't have proof so let him try. I'm not going to let anyone get close enough to hurt you sweetheart." She fell asleep in my arms crying as I stayed awake planning my response to every possible outcome.

I was up and out of the room before she woke up. I sat in the lobby watching, waiting for this ass hole to show himself. I kept an eye on Tess from a distance.

I found myself falling asleep during the second half of the day in part because I had been up all night, but the air conditioning was broken in the conference room as well. Luckily, it was almost time for group work. Our groups had been split up and I was not in the same group of people as Tess. In fact, I couldn't see her anywhere.

I was in a panic, and ended up confiding in a colleague who I had know from previous courses. "You weren't together when you were a student and you guys didn't start seeing each other until after you graduated. You should be fine, but an accusation against her without proof could hurt her career," she said with concern in her voice.

I'm sure I had proof, but my concern now was finding Tess and making sure she was safe. I checked the bedroom, I checked the lobby, the pool, everywhere but the bar.

There she was sitting next to a man in his 50s with his hand on her knee.

"What are you doing?! Is that him?!" I texted her. I watched as she looked at her phone and then at him. He motioned with his finger as if encouraging her to respond.

"I'm taking care of what needs to be done to protect you and us."

My heart sank and my face went white. What lengths was she willing to go to for our relationship?