Dessert

"Text her and invite her over for a 'dinner party' even though it will be the four of us," Elizabeth said. Tess was hesitant at the thought worried about what would happen after her sister and her partner left. After all, she hadn't seen Haley since the cafe and she never responded to her text. For all she knew, Haley was mad at her and wanted nothing to do with her after seeing her with Matt. Tess thought it would be better in person and, knowing they worked out at the same gym, decided to give it a shot and hoped Haley was feeling in the mood for a workout. Sure enough, she saw Haley on the elliptical. She had parked right up front by the window and could clearly see inside the gym. Tess admired the view from her car. Haley's skin glistened in light from the sweat on her skin. She was in yoga pants and a v-neck. Her thoughts flashed back to the day Haley was working on her car in a v-neck. The thought of her stomach and her boobs on that day ingrained in her brain. Tess watched a little longer feeling herself getting warm before breaking away from her thoughts and doing what she went there to do. Except for one thing, she completely forgot her gym clothes and showed up in jeans and a sweatshirt. There was no way she could go in like that so she decided to text her the date, address and time and watch her reaction to figure out what she was feeling.

Haley looked at her phone and stopped in her tracks. She stopped for a minute trying to decide if she'd respond before deciding not to. Frustrated, Tess texted again, "that wasn't a question, that was a demand." It wasn't like her to be aggressive or demanding, but when she has her heart set on something she goes after it. This time, she saw a devilish grin cross Haley's face. "Yes, ma'am," she responded back. Tess got butterflies in her stomach at her response imagining how it sounded coming off her lips in a quiet whisper in her ear. From the looks of it, Haley liked this side of Tess. Was it that she liked the aggressive part, or did she simply like that she was going after what she wanted after all this time?

Haley's POV--

I decided to wear matching bra and panties, just in case. I wasn't getting my hopes up, but I was going to be with a woman I was crazy about and alcohol was going to be involved. There was also a vibe from her text that led me to believe she was ready to talk about what was going on between us. I chose my tightest pair of jeans with a black button up that was just low enough that she could see down since she was tall. I wore my brown boots and put on my necklace that I hold close to my heart. I straightened my hair and put on makeup which only happens on special occasions and I wore my favorite perfume. If she wasn't sure about her feelings, I wanted her to see me and make it that much harder for her to resist them.

I recognized the address as the same one I was at when I fixed her car. I pulled in front of the house, recognizing her Subaru, but there was another car there that was unfamiliar. I had bought a bottle of wine, the same same kind as the first drink Tess bought me on New Year's Eve. Elizabeth ended up answering the door and practically knocked me over as she hugged me. The housed smelled of garlic and onion, someone was cooking something I was going to love. She introduced me to her partner Lauren who immediately took the wine to the kitchen to pour us some. The house was welcoming with pleasant aromas, plants, pictures and the fireplace going. I found myself looking at pictures along the mantel when Tess said from behind, "Leave it to you to find this wine and bring it." I turned to see her smiling, but found it difficult to keep my eyes from working my way up her body. She obviously had the same thought process about how she looked because it was taking everything in me to not wrap my arms around her waist and pull her into me. "Oh God she's walking up to me," I thought. Again she was inches from my face before holding out a glass of the wine I just brought. I went to take it from her, allowing my fingertips to graze the back of her hand. She continued to hold the glass even though I had a firm grip on it. "I'm making chicken parmesan with salad, I hope you like it. If not well, more for me, she smirked." She was showing me a side of her I never got to see in class. I loved it and she knew it was working in her favor.

Tess's POV--

It was going to be a miracle if I could maintain my composure the whole evening with the way she looks. I want her to crave me the way I crave her. I'm hoping with dinner we can get to know each other more and help clear the air on some things. Haley sat across from me at the dinner table and next to Liz. "So Tess, you never told me what happened with Matt, Liz questioned." "Well I just came to the realization that I should be feeling more for him than I was and I knew I wanted a love full of passion and exploration and I wasn't getting that from him. I found I was getting more from someone else in my life and it just gave me clarity." I saw Haley look down and play with the rim of her wine glass. Had my plan just backfired and she thought I was talking about someone other than her? If only I had the courage to just tell her, or better yet, just show her how I was feeling.

Lauren and Liz had been all over each other all night so I knew how the night was going to end after we were done with dinner. Three hours later I found them making out on my couch while Haley helped me clear the table. The sexual tension between them wasn't helping the sexual tension between Haley and I. "Well at least they get dessert," Haley said as she leaned on the counter with her arms crossed as we watched what was happening in front of us. I couldn't contain my laughter and the combination of her personality and the wine made me laugh in a way that I hadn't in a long time. I knew it was time for them to take their leave before they both ended up naked on my couch. We all said our goodbyes and before long Haley and I were alone in my house.