Chapter 2: Friends?

It was a few days after the first day of school, and to Pidge's surprise, everything was going swell. Her and Keith started talking more and she hoped to become his friend.

It was lunch time during school as Pidge sat at a table in front of Hunk and Lance.

Lance pounded his fists on the table, "Man I hate that guy! He's really getting on my nerves."

Pidge looked confused towards her angry friend.

"Who are you talking about again?" She asked.

"Keith! Keith freaking Kogane. That emo  bad boy at school getting all the girls." Lance grumbled.

"Bad boy?" Pidge thought.

"He's always one step ahead of me. In every subject! He thinks he's so smart."

"Well if he's always one step ahead, then he's right." Hunk protested.

"Not the time Hunk." Lance said glaring at Hunk.

Hunk then put his hands up, backing off.

"I don't see why that's such a bad thing though." Pidge said. "I mean theres other juniors who are smarter than you, no offense."

"None taken, but still, this has been going on ever since we met in kindergarten." Lance said.

Pidge spat out the milk she was drinking, "Since kindergarten?! Lance thats childsplay." She laughed.

"So?!" He argued crossing his arms. "It's annoying."

"Oh my god Lance, you're such a child."

"Says the one who looks like one." He grumbled more looking away from his female friend.

"Oh stop acting all mad, you know she's right." Hunk bumped in.

Lance kept grumbling in defeat as his two friends laughed at how silly he was being.

Pidge stood up to throw her trash away, as she walked her tray to a trash can. She was looking down at her feet as she bumped into something, or someone. She fell backwards, causing herself to spill her trash on the floor.

"Sorry I wasn't looking." She said holding her head.

"Oh it's alright." The person said, the voice sounded so familiar.

They bent down picking up Pidge's trash, throwing it away as she looked up to see who it was.

"K-Keith?" She stuttered. Her face began to heat up.

"Yea it's me." He smiled back, helping her to her feet.

She looked up at him seeing that his face was a bit pink.

"H-Hi." Pidge stuttered more, her voice high-pitched from being nervous. She looked away covering her face with her hands embarrassed.

He laughed, "Damn.. she's so cute when she's nervous." Keith thought.

"Hey." He replied, as the two stood there in awkward silence.

"I should go back. To my friends I mean- over there." The girl said, still quite nervous, but she didn't know why. "You could come with me, I mean sit with us, if you want that is."

"What am I saying?!"

She then remembered Lance's hatred for Keith, and wished she hadn't said a word.

"No it's ok, lunch is almost over anyways, I'll see you at chemistry though okay?" Keith said.

Pidge sighed in relief that he said no.