Chapter 10: Pretty Girl

A short, amber-eyed girl looked at herself in the mirror. She thought, "I look like a little boy.." as she examined different parts of her body. She had small feet, small hands, little curves, and barely anything on her chest. Her hair was short enough to brush her shoulders, but it was messy. She had big bright eyes, and freckles underneath that she wish wouldn't come out all the time.

Pidge didn't always think of herself as a pretty girl. She'd always see others, with their tall figure and noticeable curves. She felt self conscious of her body, that she would wear hoodies most of the time.

"Maybe if I actually wear an outfit, it could accentuate my figure." She told herself.

The girl put on jean shorts, and tucked in a pale green tee into it, whilst buckling her black belt to the last open hole. She also slipped on white shoes.

Pidge was right, it did accentuate her body a bit. You could see her waist more, at how small it was. She took a brush and brushed out her hair so that it wasn't so messy.

"Alright this is.. better."

She looked at herself in the mirror one more time before heading downstairs to eat breakfast. But before she left her room, she grabbed a hooded jacket and stuffed it into her backpack.

"Just in case.." She said to herself.
_______

Pidge was walking to school alone today, she didn't want people, let alone her own brother, see her just yet.

Just walking out of her own neighborhood made Pidge doubt herself.

She wanting to take out the jacket from her backpack and wrap herself in it so no one could see her, but she held back.

"If I do this.. It'll just boost my confidence level." She thought, "Hopefully."
_______

Pidge reached the front of Garrison High, and immediately was taken aback. There were so many people, even though they probably weren't staring at her, she still felt like there were eyes creeping on her, judging her.

The girl took her backpack, unzipped it, and put on the jacket. She didn't even make it inside the school without wearing it.

"So much for confidence.."

* time skip *

It was lunch, and Pidge sat next to Hunk, waiting for Lance at their lunch table.

"Guys!" Lance smirked, plopping down across from his friends, "Guess who's got a girlfriend~"

"Let me guess... not you."

"Haha Pidgeon." Lance sarcastically said. "I indeed, actually do have one."

"You're serious?" Hunk asked. Pidge raised her eyebrow at her blue-eyed friend.

"Wha- Are you guys really that surprised?"

The two geeks stared at him blankly, not believing anything Lance was saying.

"Okay fine! She's not my girlfriend. But she will be." Lance said in defense.

"Sure lover boy." Pidge rolled her eyes.

"No guys c'mon! I mean look at her!" Lance pulled out his phone and showed his friends pictures of the girl.

She was tall, she had a dark complexion, long locks of platinum blonde hair, and sparkling blue eyes.

"Isn't she beautiful~"

Pidge and Hunk looked at the pictures, the girl stared at them. She started to feel even more self conscious of herself.

"She's.. so pretty.."

"Hey! Don't go falling for my girl! She's already taken." Lance pouted.

"I-I'm not! Jeez I was just agreeing with you." Pidge wrapped her arms around herself.

Lance just stared at his phone, gawking at the girl in it. He hadn't even noticed the bell had rung after a while, and that his two friends were already gone as he rushed to his next class.
______

Pidge walked home with Keith that day, the two had a silent walk most of the way to Keith's house, as Pidge thought more and more to herself of how she was doubting she was pretty.

When the two reached Keith's room, Pidge sat on the side of his bed and finally asked the question that was circling around in her head.

".. Do you think I'm pretty?.."

Keith was used to the silence and repeated her question in his mind.

"W-what?"

"Do you think.. I'm pretty?" Pidge repeated herself.

"O-of course! Why do you ask?" Keith questioned, sitting down next to her.

"I-I don't know.." The girl wrapped her arms around herself once more, "There's just so many people out there.. tall, a pretty face, curves.."

She said the last part quietly as she turned her head away from the boy.

"Pidge.. Don't compare yourself to others." The boy placed his hand on Pidge's, "You're just as beautiful as they are.. heck, I think you're the most beautiful girl I've ever met." Keith blushed at his own words.

Meanwhile, Pidge's face was bright red.

"Th-thanks.." She pulled her hand away.

"Aww come here." Keith chuckled, "I think someone needs a hug."

He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close. She sat there for a second, before hugging back, nuzzling her face into the crook of his neck. The two teenagers smiling, but a blushing mess.

________

mAn I have noT been that active here.

Sorry it's a short one, I just have so many drafts, but I don't know how to lead up to them in the story.

Just thought to include some fluff at the end for Kidge :)

Anyways, sorry for not posting for so long, hope you guys still enjoy!