Chapter 7: Apologizing

It was just like any other day. Pidge going to her locker, and being greeted by someone she liked very much, Keith.

Except today, she felt nervous and excited, just a mix of emotions. She didn't know what to say, especially because of what happened the night before.

When they hugged, Pidge felt safe, and comforted. She felt as if she could stay like that, hugging Keith, for days. She didn't want to let go.

The butterflies in her stomach seemed to flutter a whole bunch.

Her heart was beating fast, her breathe quickened.

"Is this what it's like to like someone?" Pidge thought.

Just then, a tall figure walked up to her. She met eyes with a dark haired boy, with the nicest eyes to gaze upon, and the handsomest, cutest face Pidge ever saw.

"H-hey." Keith stuttered.

"Hi-" Pidge's voice was high pitched, she was nervous. She then cleared her throat, "H-hi."

The two teenagers had no idea what to do. They were both too flustered from how close they had gotten last night.

They stood there in awkward silence like usual, but it was interrupted as Keith was pushed by another highschool boy. He fell forward as Pidge fell backwards onto the floor.

Keith was on top of Pidge, with their faces just an inch away from each other.

The girl's face heated up from both embarrassment and just blushing.

Keith got up and saw the guy who bumped into him.

"Sorry Keith!" It was James Griffin. He said quickly running around the corner in the hallway.

"My god James." Keith sounded irritated, face palming.

"Sorry, James bumped into me." The boy said, helping the girl up.

Her face was still bright red, "N-no, i-it's fine."

Keith mumbled, scratching the back of his head in embarrassment. His face was quite red.

And just like if it was on time, the bell rung.

The two awkward teenagers then made their way to their specific period.

*time skip to after school (sorry im lazy*

Pidge headed out the front doors of Garrison High, ready to meet Keith off to the side. She looked around but couldn't find him so she decided to wait.

Someone tapped her on the shoulder and Pidge turned around.

"Hey Kei-" Pidge wasn't looking at the person she thought she would be.

"Lance." She said sternly in her head.

"Pidge, I.. wanted to apologize." Lance said, looking guilty.

She scoffed, "For what?"

"For.. everything.."

"Yea sure right everything!" Pidge started to get emotional.

"Lance, you weren't there for me."

"Well- you wouldn't let me!"

"It would have been nice if you had at least tried!" She yelled back at her friend.

"You wouldn't even acknowledge me the day after you guys visited me at my house!"

Keith walked out the front doors with Hunk to find Pidge and Lance yelling at each other.

He was about to walk up to them as Hunk placed his hand on Keith's shoulder.

"Let them be." Hunk said.

"Okay.."

"It sure didn't seem like you needed me." Lance told Pidge.

"Wow. Just wow." Pidge said, "Lance, sure I had Keith, but I still needed you.. and Hunk. But you guys never bothered."

"Pidge I-"

"Forget it." The girl started to walk away, "I'm done with this sh*t."

"No Pidge wait." Lance grabbed Pidge by her arm and she turned around. He could see she was on the verge of tears.

"What Lance?" Her voice was breaking.

"Pidge I.. I'm sorry. For everything.. I know we've had fights before, and I know I never apologized.. I just didn't think it was a big deal.." Lance went on.

"But now I know I should've took notice of how you felt. I'm sorry for always making jokes about things, and being a total douchebag.. I promise I'll change that.. You don't deserve to have to go through this right now.. I'm sorry Pidge.."

Pidge looked Lance in the face, he felt empathy for her.

The girl felt tears leave her eyes as she went in for a hug.

"I missed you.." Pidge said through her tears.

"I missed you too." Lance said, hugging her back.
_______

"See?" Hunk told Keith, "I knew they'd make up."

"Heh.. you were right."
_______

Pidge had decided to visit her brother again after school, Keith was waiting outside the room, letting the two siblings be.

"Yea I know, its hard to believe huh?" Pidge said to her brother.

She sat in the chair next to his bed, telling him how her week had went. She mentioned the hug her and Keith shared.

"I.. really like him Matt.. He's kind, sweet, super smart, and cute.. he actually does care about me.."

"Only downside is that he's freakishly tall, so if we do end up together.. it'd be hard kissing him cause I'm so short." She laughed.

"What? Oh my gosh, I'm thinking too far.. We just hugged.."

"I- I just can't believe he hugged me.."

"What am I saying, we've hugged before."

"I don't know, it just felt.. really nice.. It felt different.."

Pidge looked to the side and smiled.

"If only you were here.." Her smile faded.

"Pidge?" Keith walked into the room.

"Yea Keith?" She turned around to face him.

"Sorry if I'm interrupting.. I was just getting stared at out there." He chuckled.

"No, it's okay." Pidge smiled.

"I was pretty much done talking anyways."

"Okay, you wanna head home?"

"Sure."

The two teenagers left the hospital and Keith dropped Pidge off at her house.

Pidge was still questioning if Keith felt the same way.

sorry this one's a bit short :( i couldn't really think of anything else to right for this, still hope u enjoyed!