Chapter 12: Aftermath

Keith started to panic. What was he supposed to do? Before he knew it, the front door swung open and two tall men came through. The shorter, brown haired male sped walked straight to Keith and stared him right in the eyes. It was Matt and Shiro.

"Where's my sister?"

"Uh- She's-"

"What did you do to her? Why wasn't she home last night? Can you answer me Keith?"

Keith stayed silent, he didn't know how to explain.

Matt then made his way upstairs, causing Keith to run up after him.

"Wait! Matt!"

Keith and Shiro met up with Matt in Keith's room to see him hugging his little sister.

"M-Matt?!" Pidge said pushing him off of her.

"Yea, it's me! Why weren't you- Wait-"

"Oh no oh no oh no." Both Keith and Pidge thought in their heads.

"D-do I smell alcohol?! What the- Katie what did you do?!" Matt exclaimed, he pulled up the covers to reveal Pidge in her shorts and an oversized black tee.

"I-is that Keith's shirt?! Did you?!-"

"No! What the heck Matt! Of course not- oh my god.." Pidge buried her face in her hands. "Why are you here?!"

"To check up on you? To see if you were okay? But apparently not because you got drunk last night and it was because of this guy!" Matt pointed to Keith.

"Matt I can explain-" Keith tried to reason with the furious brother.

"Okay! Explain to me then."

Once again, Keith didn't know what to say. He'd open his mouth to talk but then take it back and stay silent.

"That's what I thought." Matt said, "You're just an irresponsible-"

"Matt." Shiro interrupted.

"No Shiro! Let me get my anger out while I can."

"You're just an irresponsible teenager who can't even keep a fifteen year old sober! What else do you do? Start fights? Get in trouble all the time? Y-you had one job, and it was to keep my sister safe." Matt continued.

Pidge couldn't stand her brother talking to Keith like that, so did Shiro.

"What the heck Matt?! D-don't blame Keith for any of this! I was the one who got drunk. I was the one being irresponsible! Keith was just helping to actually keep me safe and brought me to his house and took care of me. So don't blame him for my actions."

Keith smiled at the girl, how she defended him and how she had so much courage to step up.

"But- Katie you're fifteen. Fifteen! And you think you can just get drunk all of a sudden?!"

"Matt I get it okay?! It wasn't the best decision but it happened. It happened and I'm sober now, is that good enough for you?" Pidge told her brother.

"No. Okay Katie you are coming with me, and we're going home and you are going to tell mom and dad exactly what happened." Matt said as he grabbed his sister by the wrist and pulled her out of the room.

"Matt-"

"It was you're decision. Now you're going to deal with the consequences."

"Okay. I- I'm sorry.." Pidge said quietly. She was dissapointed in herself.

"I know." Matt consoled her, "Just don't do it again. Unless you're at a legal age."

He pulled his sister into a hug before leading her out to his car, leaving the two dark haired boys at their house.

_______

"Okay- But who's idea was it to have a party?" Shiro asked Keith.

"Lance."

"Ohh."

_______

oh man this one.. was spicy :0

so much yelling I couldn't handle
😵😂