Chapter 6: Paying a Visit

It had been a few days since the boys visited Pidge's house. Keith smiled big as he walked into his highschool, to see a small figure at her designated locker.

He ran up and hugged her from behind, receiving a gasp from the girl because of the surprise.

"K-Keith!" Pidge said, blushing.

"Hey Pidge!" Keith was so happy to see her, "How've you been?"

"I-I've been good." She smiled.

"Are you sure?"

"Yea. Thank you." Pidge said, and went up high on her tip toes and gave Keith a kiss on the cheek, blushing.

He blushed in response, standing there frozen.

"Come on emo, let's get to class." The girl said, walking to their first period.
_______

Pidge and Keith were sitting in their assigned seats, waiting for Mr. Coran to enter the classroom.

Pidge could hear murmuring, she didn't like it, it reminded her of the first day of school.

"Hey look, Katie's back." One kid said to another.

"Yea I know, did you hear about-" They replied.

"I did, it really sucks.. How do you think she feels?" Another student bumped in.

"I don't know, lost? Isn't she an orphan now or something?"

"No, she still has her mom."

"But aren't her parents pretty old? What if her mom-"

"And good morning class!" Coran, their english teacher said while walking into his classroom.

Pidge breathed in and out, with a sigh of relief that the side conversations stopped.

Keith looked over at his small friend. She was tense, her hand was shaking.

He softly placed his hand on top of hers to calm her down. He looked into her amber eyes, and saw the blush forming on her cheeks. She smiled softly, he smiled back.
_______

*sorry im lazy, another time skip*

It was now lunch, Pidge and Lance still haven't been talking to each other so Pidge decided to eat with Keith instead.

"Got any plans after school?" Keith asked while munching down on his sandwich.

"I don't think so. I mean, I want to visit my dad and Matt.. but I'm gonna cry, and I'm honestly so done with that."

"Its okay to cry Pidge. There's nothing bad about that."

"I know.." Pidge gazed off to the side, "But it's so exhausting."

"It's fine. I can come with you if you want."

"Yea, thanks." Pidge smiled.

"Oh- could you also drive us there? I kind of forgot I can't drive."

"Who would've thought." Keith chuckled.

"Shut up emo." The girl said knudging him.

"Oh, so you call me emo now?"

"It suits you, so yea."

"Hmph, fine short stack."

"Hey!" Pidge argued.

"Okay cutie." Keith smirked.

"I-" Pidge's face was bright red, "I'm not a fruit!"

The boy laughed, "You know what I mean." He knudged her elbow, smiling.
_______