Chapter 4

I got into the car and Elijah shut the door as I smiled. He got in the driver side and started the car. "So Alyson, are you scared of me?" I thought for a moment, "No." He looked at me and smiled, but I couldn't understand why. "That's good. I don't want you to be afraid of me." I looked over, confused. "And why is that?" He shrugged slightly and I smiled. "So Alyson I heard about your sister, may I ask what happened?" I prepared myself to tell the first person what happened, "Lexi and I came to Mystic Falls for Stefan Salvatore's birthday and we all went to the grill because Caroline threw a party. After a while, the sheriff and some other cops came in with a girl. The girl pointed to Damon but the cops thought it was Lexi. They vervained her and took her outside. She attacked them, before she could get to the sheriff and kill her, Damon Salvatore drove a stake through her heart." I failed miserably, tears streaming down my face. "So I take it that you and Damon aren't very fond of each other." I shook my head and sighed, "Not at all." "Saying as you rode with them, I'm guessing that your living with them too." I nodded, "Alyson, would you like to stay with me for a night or two? Just to get away from them." I looked up at him, he was smiling at me, he was actually smiling.

We got to his house, it wasn't very big, but it wasn't exactly small either. He called out the people that own the house and they invited me in. I smiled, "Really Elijah, you can't just buy a house? Instead you compel people." He smiled slightly and shrugged. "So, this is your room. Mine is the next door over. If you need anything, just knock." I smiled as he let me get ready for the night, until I realized that I didn't have anything to sleep in. I walked out of my room and knocked on Elijah's door, smiling as he opened it. "Yes Alyson?" I smiled for a moment, "Well, um, I kinda have nothing to sleep in. All of my things are at the boarding house." He smiled and held up a finger, before walking away. He came back a second later with a shirt. "Thanks." I smiled and walked back to my room.

I woke up the next morning, remembering the events of yesterday. I smiled, getting dressed and doing my hair. I opened my door and walked out, only to collide with someone. I looked up, seeing Elijah. "Sorry, I didn't see you." I smiled as he smiled, "It's fine, I wasn't watching either." I smiled and we walked downstairs together. As we walked to the kitchen, I felt his hand brush against mine. I smiled and I could feel myself blushing. He smiled at me and handed me a blood bag. "Thank you." He nodded and I downed the blood in less than a second. "You must have been hungry." I nodded, "Lexi used to say if I drank to much I would get fat, but  I always knew better than to fall for that." I felt tears form in my eyes at the memory and I smiled weakly. 

Elijah and I were in his car, going to a coffee shop that Damon was at. I looked out the window and saw the coffee shop, inside I saw Damon, Rose, and some guy. I noticed Elijah put a hundred dollar bill into the guitar case that belonged to some guy. "Really, Elijah? A hundred dollars?" He nodded and picked up some of the coins from inside. He gave me a few of them and smiled. We threw our coins at the window at the same time, and the glass shattered as we ran.

We got back to his place and he smiled at me. "So Alyson, are you ready to face Damon Salvatore yet?" I shook my head slightly, "It's bad enough that he killed my sister, but he also tried to kill you. I don't know what would have happened if you weren't an original." I saw him smile out of the corner of my eye. "So, why do I feel like I know you?" His smile disappeared, "Do you take vervain? Are you wearing any at all?" I shook my head in confusion, "You may remember." I had memories flooding back, memories of Elijah and I together with his family. Me being a vampire before Lexi was kinda shocking though. I was a vampire two years before her. "So we knew each other." I stated still a little speechless, he just nodded. So I decided to do the thing he least expected, I kissed him. He stood still for a second, before kissing back with the same force as me. I smiled as we pulled apart, both of us out of breath. 

"I love you." I smiled, "I love you too Elijah." He smiled, before pulling me into another kiss. We decided that it was time we payed our doppelganger a visit, so he called his witch upstairs. I watched as the witch did the locator spell and Elijah figured out where she was. We both got into the car and he drove to Slater's apartment, in which he made Slater kill himself. When we arrived I noticed that there was two heartbeats coming from inside. We ran upstairs and I watched as Elijah killed one of the vampires, his hand still in mine. Damon saw me and smirked, "So Alyson, what happened to the original hating vampire that you used to be?" I frowned at him, "I've changed Damon, I will no longer tolerate you." I noticed that Elijah stopped talking to the vampire and was about to kill him, so I ripped the others heart out at the same time he did, then we both sped off.

We got back to the house and he kissed me gently and I smiled. He led me to the bedroom and kissed my forehead as I slowly drifted into sleep with him next to me.