Leaf

Quick AN- New viewpoint of a new character from the mid-chapter divide on, okay? Thanks. -Twilight Joltik

Alchemist Spirit Knight Lucina

Chapter Eight- Leaf

As they took in the colossal skyline looming over them, Lucina heard a sharp inhale from Marth. "Your future is quite a bit... taller than I would have thought," he remarked in awe. "Why are those towers so, for want of a better word, shiny?"

"This isn't our future," Ike answered. "It's probably, what, a few hundred years after us?"

"I think so, but why would warping one thousand years in the future bring us here?" Lucina questioned.

"Maybe it took it as one thousand years in our future?" Roy suggested. "But it seems a bit underwhelming for that far away."

"I think you're right," Lucina agreed. "But if so, shouldn't we be living in space or something by now?"

A white capsule that looked like a subway train shot around the central building of the skyline at lightning-fast speed, disappearing somewhere behind it. Marth ran out in front of the group. "Shall we investigate the glimmering towers?" he beckoned with a sideways smile.

Ike started walking towards him. "Sure, but you do know those are just glass, right?"

"How on earth would they procure enough glass to make such a large city?" Marth questioned. "It's such a fine commodity-"

"Future, remember? Things change."

Roy glanced towards Lucina. "Is it a good idea to just walk into some city?" he asked with an uneasy raise of an eyebrow.

"I suppose. I mean, it worked out fine last time, right?" Lucina countered as she began towards the tall metropolis.

----------------------------------

Leaf glanced up at the Silph Corporation's headquarters, the place that had loomed over her life for five years. They had stolen her home, her friends, and in a way, her brother. Today, she had decided, was the day she would make them repent for every tear they'd made her shed.

"Ready, Leaf?" Green asked her.

She nodded. "As much as I'll ever be," she sighed. After a moment, she uneasily added "Do you think I'm ready? Shouldn't we wait for Red?"

"We can't afford to waste another second," her partner stated, dodging her question. "The longer we wait, the longer people suffer."

"You're right. It ends now," she affirmed. Reaching to her belt, she grabbed Jigglypuff's Pokè Ball and pressed the button on it, calling out her cute pink partner. Green took one of his Pokè Balls in his hand, tossing it to release his Pidgeot.

Using their respective Pokémon, they flew (or rather floated, in Leaf's case) up to the magnet rail that wrapped around the building, providing commute from Goldenrod City to Saffron. The magnet trains arrived directly in the building every fifteen minutes or so, and they caused enough of a blip in the security that they could likely use it to their advantage. As they reached it, Green pulled out another Pokè Ball, calling out his Magneton. It quickly started to float up towards the magnetized rail, but was stopped by Green, who tugged down on it. "Don't turn it on until the magnet train comes around. I'll hold on to you until then, promise."

The magnet Pokémon became little more than a dead weight, other than the occasional blink. Leaf could see Green struggling to keep a hold of it, and Pigdeot struggling to hold both of their weights, but neither paid any mind to their struggles and looked forward, awaiting the train. Leaf had always admired Green's resolve and strength, and though she would never admit to it, envied the boy for it.