♦️Prologue♦️

Red Monroe, the main character, played by Meika Woollard ⬆️➡️⬇️

Word Count: 241

If there are seven-point-five billion people in the world, how many do you expect to be human?

All of them, right?

     Well, that's what I thought too, but I was wrong. And so was everyone else who guessed in the same way. Who was lied to their whole life like I was.

      I held onto the belief that everything was fine. That everything was normal. I mean, I wasn't your average kid; both of my parents died when I was young and I was brought up by my grandmother. There aren't many orphans where I live. There's also the fact that I have vibrant red hair and pitch black eyes. I don't think anyone besides me have those features, at least naturally.

      That should have been a warning that I was different.

      You're about to read a story about my life. Not every detail, don't worry, but....just the parts that matter. Like the fact that my best friends are creatures of the night. Like how my grandmother is a creature of the day. How my parents supposedly ruled those creatures and how I'm some messed up hybrid that evil wants dead.

     You're about to read about a war.

     So, dear reader, if I haven't scared you off by this point, I wish you the best of luck. You will need it when it comes to it.