♦️Chapter Six - Healing♦️

Rough Wound Placement⬆️➡️
Song: Moon Trance - Lindsey Stirling (Lindsey Stirling)
Word Count: 2101
Nonna came home about an hour after Akia and Eiden told me who I really was. She returned with grocery bags filed with supplies for dinner, as well as gauze packages, which I was rather surprised about. After all, she did tell Eiden to heal me.

I looked up at the siblings, pulled away from our game of Dos by the sound of the door slamming. We set our cards down on the bed, Eiden promptly getting smacked by Akia for sneaking a look at her hand. I just chuckled, shoving my hands into my hoodie pocket as I lead the two out of my bedroom and down the stairs.

"Hoodie, off," Nonna commanded the moment I walked into the kitchen. I glanced at Akia before we both looked at Eiden, who immediately turned around and went to hide in my room. I chuckled before stripping off the black sweatshirt, carrying it with me as I walked over to my grandmother. I hopped onto the island, watching Akia follow behind me and sit on one of the stools beneath the counter.

Nonna dropped the plastic bag onto the granite countertop, taking out the three gauze packages and unwrapping them. Akia pulled the curtains over the windows, making sure they were all closed, before running to turn the lights on.

"Well, it certainly looks better," Nonna murmured as she inspected my bare wound. "Let me see..."

I bit my lip quickly as I tilted my head to the side, glancing over at Akia. Nonna had one hand pressed against my wounded neck and the other hand against my collarbone. She started inspecting the wound, poking and prodding at the sensitive skin. I sucked at my teeth, squeezing my eyes closed at the sharp needles. Akia rushed towards me, grabbing my hand in hers. I squeezed it tightly, biting my still-healing lip at the continuous pain.

Suddenly, it stopped.

"Perfect, it's scarred over." I looked down at my shoulder once Nonna pulled away. The once violently red, pink scabs were now wide, white scars, slightly pink around the untouched skin. Clear teeth imprints were now permanently imprinted on two parts of my body.

"I think that it looks really good." Akia walked over and looked at the scars, nodding in approval.

"While it may look fine, I still want it wrapped up for tonight, just to be sure," Nonna frowned, picking up one of the rolls of gauze. She wrapped up my chest and shoulders before allowing me to pull the hoodie back over my head.

"What did you do?" I asked, situating the black fabric over my body.

"I didn't do anything, I just looked at it before wrapping it up," Nonna responded throwing away all of the trash that she just made.

"Then why did it hurt so much?"

"The skin is still sensitive. It is confused, to put it simply. You got the wound a couple hours ago and now it's almost fully healed, so it's still going to bring that spike of pain. Nothing bad is actually happening, it's just a defense mechanism."

"Oh...well, thanks, Nonna," I grinned, crossing my legs on the island.

"You're welcome," the old woman paused, turning to look at the girl beside me. "Akia, could you get your brother?"

"Yeah, I'll go." Akia spun around and ran back to the stairs, sprinting up them as fast as she could.

Nonna cleared her throat, causing me to turn my attention to her. "So, I'm assuming they told you everything?" I nodded. "To what extent?"