♦️Chapter Eleven - Training Session♦️

Hand-wrap instructions, made by Cappy's Boxing Gym⬆️➡️
Song: Believer (Cello Cover) - Vesislava/Imagine Dragons (Vesislava)
Word Count: 1606

      Loop over thumb, around the wrist, across the back of the hand-

     "Wrap it around your wrist twice."

      Alright, loop over thumb, around the wrist twice, across the back of the hand, around the fingers three times, circle to the...pinky?

      "Loop it around the thumb and then go back to the pinky. Wrap the thumb after each gap."

    Ah, got it. Loop over thumb, around the wrist twice, across the back of the hand, around the fingers three times, around the thumb and back to the pinky. Go through each gap in the fingers after each loop around the thumb, then wrap around the palm a couple of times. Finish off with the velcro on the wrist.

     "That was better, only three tries." Eiden clapped from where he was sitting next to me, examining the cloth that I had wrapped around my wrist. "That was better than the seven from earlier."

     "Yeah, well, that was my first time," I huffed, pulling my hand away from him.

    "I know it was, that's why I'm congratulating you now."

     I rolled my eyes, flexing my fingers around the black hand wraps. I stood from the bench, adjusting my tank top and leggings. "Now-" I turned towards Eiden, "can you help me train?" It had been at least two hours since Eiden told me to meet him in the kitchen, and all we did was find a spot by the Oak and wrap my hands.

     My friend sighed, getting to his feet. "Alright, yeah, fine."

    I grinned at him, walking backwards into a clearer area of the field. Once we were surrounded by the rest of the trainees, I smiled at Eiden again. "Show me what you got!"

    Eiden shook his head. "Not so fast, I'm going to teach you the basics first. You can't go on and be good at any form of combat without that knowledge."

    I huffed. "Alright, fine. Show me the basics then."

      "Okay, once you master hand-to-hand combat, we're going to teach you some basic weapon moves, and then how to fight in your shifted forms. You'd have learned to actually shift by then."

    I frowned, not looking forward to the whole shifting part. It sounds really painful. "Fine, just teach me some stuff."

    Finally focusing, Eiden grinned. "Alright, before I teach you how to attack, I'm going to teach you where to attack." Pointing to different parts of his body, he continued. "Your primary targets are the eyes, nose, neck, and groin region. The secondary targets are the ears, abdomen, knee, shins, and feet."

    "I assume that I can hit all of those spots at a close distance?" I nodded, looking around his body, curious if all those spots were visually weaker than everywhere else. Eiden, who was strongly aware of our brother-sister relationship, didn't really mind me inspecting his bare chest with a raised brow.

    Now that I think of it, that sounds really weird.

    "Typically, yes, but it all depends on the situation. For example, the calf muscles could be rooted in place, so that wouldn't be the best place to attack, but the knee of that same leg would be weakened, so you would want to go for that. However, you may be held in a position where you can't reach the leg as well as you could his arm. It all depends."

    I nodded. "Alright, anything else?"

"Of course there is. Now, the skills I'm going to be teaching you today are actually from the boxing world. I was taught by a family friend who trained as a boxer with his friends. I'll only be teaching you the basic punches to start."