♦️Chapter Two - The Eye♦️

Red's eyes⬆️➡️
Song: Prism - Lindsey Stirling (Brave Enough)
Word Count: 2148

Red Monroe
Mrs. Evergreen
Digital Art
December 16th, 2028
Meaning of the Eye Conclusion

     In many digital paintings, the eye is somehow incorporated. Whether it's a small form integrated into a larger piece or is the larger piece itself, the eye is undoubtedly a vastly used symbol for many different topics. Such representations are included with the color of the eye, the eye's surroundings, and the meaning behind the artwork, as has been discussed. Whether or not the eye will change as such an influential symbol is still unknown, and we may never know if it will.

     No, that's not a good ending.

     Whether or not the eye will change as such an influential symbol will remain unsolved.

     Okay, no, we aren't referencing a mystery-crime show.

     Whether or not the eye will change as such an influential symbol is still unknown, and only time will tell.

     That just makes the whole conclusion much more dramatic than it needs to be.

    Whether or not the eye will change as such an influential symbol is still unknown, and...

      Alright, this isn't working. Let's just scrap the entire sentence.

      I angrily jabbed the backspace button, glaring at the dimmed computer screen. My eyes were so focused on the letters being removed, the sound of the bell ringing just outside the classroom nearly gave me a heart attack. I pressed a hand against my chest and breathed deeply as I turned off the computer, pulling my backpack strap over my shoulder.

      "Remember to finish your conclusion and email it to me before 11:59!" I heard Mrs. Evergreen shout as all of her students packed up. I pushed my chair in and walked through the door, grinning at my teacher on my way out.

      I shoved my braid back over my shoulder as I walked down the tan and blue hallways. The walls, ceiling, lockers, and windows were all decorated with various seasonal cut outs, the smell of holly in the air nauseating as I walked past. I made my way over to my locker, frowning at the overly-happy elf face that was stuck to it. Sucking on my teeth, I twisted my combination into my lock, opening my locker quickly.

     "Hey there, grumpy pants!" I groaned at the nickname. Ignoring the preppy blonde beside me, I switched out my textbooks. Her smile was sickeningly large and I refused to look at it. "Come on, give me a smile! There's only three more classes before break!"

     I looked up at Akia, glaring at her grin. "I prefer not to, thanks."

     "Oh, come on! You know you want to!" I slammed my locker shut, locking it and quickly running away from my friend.

      "No, I really don't."

     "Yes, you do!"

     "No."

     "Yes!"

      "No."

     "Oh Jes-oh mother f-oh lordy!"

     Okay, That did get a laugh out of me. The small teenager toppled to the ground after tripping over her untied tennis shoe laces, her language very rough for her aesthetic. My mouth stretched into a grin as I laughed, something I don't do as often as I should. It's not like I'm depressed, and I mean no disrespect to anyone that is, I just don't like how my laugh sounds or how my smile looks, especially after two years of braces that ended up not working. It's a reasonable insecurity.