♦️Chapter Eight - In the Middle of the Woods♦️

The outhouse in the woods - photo taken by Jill Henry in Flickr⬆️➡️
Song: Soothsayer (instrumental version) - Zack Hemsey (Nomad)
Word Count: 2271

     "Did you guys bring me out here to murder me, because I feel like this is the exact situation where I would be murdered."

      "Red, we didn't bring you here to murder you."

      "Maim me?"

     "No."

     "Eat me?"

     "No."

      "Sell me into a sex trade?"

      "Wha-Red, no!"

      I grinned as Eiden and Akia glared at me, shoving my hands into the pockets of my jacket. "Are you sure, because-"

     "Red, if you start quoting A Cabin in the Woods, I will murder you."

      I frowned, huffing. Akia knew that I would randomly quote that Drew Goddard film ever since I saw it, so she was prepared whenever I started to talk. Eiden, on the other hand, had never seen it, so he didn't know any of the quotes. Needless to say, he was quite confused.

     "Red, I thought you hated horror movies?" He looked at me with an eyebrow raised.

      "I do."

      "Then why do you like A Cabin in the Woods?"

      "I don't."

     "But..then why did you watch it?"

      "Chris Hemsworth."

      Akia let out a laugh, shaking her head. "Now that is a whole ass mood."

      I grinned, looking at Eiden. "See, your sister agrees with me."

      He frowned, humming. "But that doesn't make sense. You could say that about a Marvel film. You know, Thor?"

      "I like that movie."

      "Have you even seen it?"

       "No."

      "Then how can you say you like it?"

     "Chris Hemsworth," Akia and I both responded.

      Eiden huffed, shaking his head, stomping forward as Akia and I laughed behind him.  Eventually, Akia sped up to walk by her twin, both of of them leading me through the woods. Moakdé Forest was just outside the city and was one largest forests in North America. Apparently there is a Gervais haven there that everyone is gathering at for training.

"So Yaya still didn't put those markers up," Eiden mumbled, glaring at the trees around him.

"Apparently not. We tell her to do it every time we see her, and here we are." Akia apparently wasn't too happy either, a complete change to her mood from earlier.

"Who's Yaya?" I asked, quickening my pace a little bit so I was walking right behind them.

"You'll meet her later," Eiden mumbled, continuing to look around.

I sighed, continuing to follow the twins. I obviously didn't know where the haven was, so I couldn't help them search. Kicking at the grass and twigs as we passed by, I sighed again, bumping right into Eiden when he stopped. "Ow! Geez!" I shouted, rubbing my nose.

"Be quiet," Eiden hissed, shoving my hand down and covering my mouth with his. I just glared at him, going to rub the sore spot again, but he just pushed my hand away. "Stop." Instead of just moving my hand, I glared down at my nose, which still hurt. Eiden groaned, going to rub my nose for my so I'd stop annoying him. I flashed a victorious smile that was hidden underneath his hand.