♦️Chapter Fourteen - Insomniac♦️

Where Red was in her nightmare - original photo taken bu Supergear Studio on ShutterStock, altered by me in Procreate
Song: everything i wanted (instrumental) - sing2piano / Billie Eilish (Everything I wanted/ Piano Karaoke Instrumentals)
Word Count: 1524

*Warning: very heavy gore in this chapter*

"So how did you like dinner?" I looked over at Akia as she waltzed into my bathroom, already in her pajamas as she sat down on the end of my bathtub.

I shrugged, turning back to the mirror and continuing to brush my teeth. "It was okay. The food was good," I spoke, the sound coming out muffled around all of the toothpaste.

"Well, that's good. Are you okay?"

      "Mhm. Well, as okay as I can be."

"That's good. You ready for bed?"

"Absolutely."

"There's the Red I know and love." Akia and I looked over as Eiden emerged from the hallway, coming in to sit on the toilet lid.

I frowned, spitting out the toothpaste. "You all have your own bathrooms, can't you go in there?"

"And skip out on bothering you? No way."

    "well, you're going to have to, because I'm going to bed." Before the two could utter another word, i darted out of the bathroom and into my bedroom, shutting out the lights as I did. With a sigh, I crawled in the large, soft bed that awaited me. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

    You see, it was only dreamless because instead of dreams, I had nightmares.

***

     "You're a failure."

     My eyes snapped open, only to be met with darkness. At first, I thought it was my room, but as I sat up and looked around, I knew it couldn't be. My room doesn't have blood-stained grass as a carpet.

"You've disappointed us all."

I glanced around quickly, trying to find the source of the voice. Nothing seemed to stand out, except for the fact that I was lying in a dimly-lit circle of red grass. Where am I? How did I get here?

"You've left us all to rot."

Climbing to my feet, I looked around again, before cautiously taking a few steps forward. The light that shone on my surroundings seemed to follow me, so, warily, I began to walk into the darkness.

"You were supposed to be the hero."

I continued to walk, the blood on the ground gradually becoming more and more fresh as I went on.

"You were supposed to save us, but instead, you let us all die."

I stopped. My mind began to click into place. I know that voice, I know it well, but who does it belong to?

"We were all slaughtered because of you."

I began to walk again, the grass beneath me becoming much more red than green. Soon enough, I noticed something in the distance, something that made my feet stop involuntarily in fear.

"It's all your fault."

Slowly, I took a few steps forward, the bloodied foot I saw revealing to show a full body; or at least, what was left of it. The body was so mangled that it would be beyond recognition, if the head wasn't perfectly intact. The head that belonged to Eiden.