♦️Chapter Four - Bite♦️

Mentioned Wolf - photo taken by Andyworks on iStock⬆️➡️
Song: The Runner *instrumental* - Zack Hemsey (Nomad)
Word Count: 2455

I looked up, gingerly holding my wrist as I met the gaze of my friend. His eyes were wide as he stared at my wound, gaze flickering back and forth between my hand and his own. Fearfully, he met my eyes and took a few steps towards me, only stopping when he saw me whimper and curl into myself.

      "Red?" He whispered, reaching out a hand in an attempt to make a soothing gesture. I didn't respond, only hid myself further. "Red, it's me, Eiden."

      "I don't know you," my voice faltering from the tears.

      "Red, come on. You know me...it's Eiden! Akia's older brother, your older brother! You do know me," Eiden desperately tries to console me.

       "A wolf!" I cried, staring at the wound on my wrist. "You're a f...a fucking wolf!"

       It's getting serious if I curse, I never do. Thank Nonna for that.

      "Red..." I looked up when I felt a hand on my shoulder, meeting the eyes of Eiden. Our eyes lingered on each other's for a moment, me searching for the truth in his and him analyzing the fear in mine. His gaze lowered down to my wrist, carefully taking it from me. I swallowed a cry of pain as he pulled my arm towards him, pressing the pads of his fingers into the bite. "It's okay, I promise."

I watched as Eiden balanced my wrist in his hand, stroking the wound slowly. I sucked at my teeth at the immense pain, squeezing my eyes together and concentrating on the feeling of the tears rolling down my cheeks. Slowly, the needle-like pain I was feeling decreased and I peeked one eye open in confusion.

What I saw completely shocked and terrified me.

While my hand and arm were still completely stained with my blood, the obvious wound was disappearing. Every time Eiden ran his fingers over the red marks, they minimized into stark white scar.

I watched as Eiden finished his...healing, before ripping off a part of his cotton shirt and scrubbing away the blood stains. I gaped at him when he looked up at me, wordlessly asking how he could have possibly done that. Eiden just shook his head, carefully grabbing my chin and wiping away the blood from my earlier cuts.

"Can you explain all of this to me?" I asked, pulling my arm out of his grip and examining the scar, running my thumb over the risen skin.

I glanced up at Eiden when he swallowed, watching him stand and shove his hands into the pockets of his jeans. Turning and leaning back against the boulder, I continued stroking my scar as he paced back and forth in front of me.

"Look, Red-" he cut himself off, turning his gaze from me to the ground. He let out a sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose before running a hand through his hair. "I'm not...human."

       "Yeah, no kidding," I deadpanned, staring at him. Eiden let out a strained chuckle, shaking his head and looking away from me again. "So...what are you?"

          "Well, you have to promise not to freak out-"

      "You attacked me twice as a wolf, then healed me as a human. I think that if I was going to freak out, I would've done it by now." I raised a brow at my friend.

       Eiden let out another laugh, walking back over and sitting in front of me. "Touché," he sighed dramatically, pausing before speaking again, "so, you know about werewolves, right?"