Chapter 39

After some months

Jungkook's Perspective

After fighting for months, finally something was announced in our favour. I owned the company after my father's withdrawal. It means that I could work according to my choice. No black money, only fair and neat work. And also I would no more be a slave, I could work by my choice. 

The happiness wasn't enough until and unless I would meet him again. I was happy because I had never seen my mother so happy like that. But somewhere in my heart I had a soft corner for my father because he was my father even after all of that.

I still couldn't get over the way he stood in front of me and put his hand on my shoulder and asked with a smile on his face.

"What do you want my son? I would do anything for you" he asked and I blinked my eyes rapidly because I couldn't believe it.

"W-what?" I asked and he patted my shoulder.

"I don't want to fight anymore, these old bones have no power now. Just tell your mother that I am sorry for not being a good husband but I want to be a good father for you, my son. Everything that belongs to me is all yours. You didn't have to fight for it. You could've just asked me. In return I want a nice place to die in peace. Would you do that for me?" I didn't realise but I could feel the tears in my eyes. His words made me emotional.

I nodded my head after his demand. What did he ask for, I had to give.

"Buy me a small house, where I can live with my dogs and cats. I lived my life, now I want some time alone to be with me" He demanded and I nodded.

"Why not dad? I will definitely do" I said and he pulled me into a hug.

"I love you my son." He patted my back with his heavy hands and I hugged him back with all the love.

"I love you too dad" I said as we pulled away and for the first time in my life, I saw tears in his eyes. He wiped them away with his sleeves as I noticed. He smiled and chuckled to hide his pain.

"Take care son, goodbye" he walked away and sat in his car and I saw him going away. 

I finally let my tears fall. My shoulders started to shake as my cries turned into sobs. I then felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Kookie, everything will be fine my darling" my mother whispered politely and I hugged her. I cried on her shoulder and she slightly rubbed my back with her warm and delicate hands.

"Don't let your dream boy wait honey, your co-CEO is here on the rescue" I furrowed my eyebrows because I didn't know what she was talking about. 

"co-Ceo?" I was confused.

"Yeah, me, your mother as your new co-Ceo, Mr. Jeon Jungkook." She pinched my cheeks softly and I watched her face with my widened eyes.

"W-what?" 

"Yes, now don't let your dream boy wait. I will take care of the fashion event which will be organized this weekend and for other information, I will ask the manager" she said happily and I smiled widely after what she said.

"Now go, you pabo" she hit me joking and I chuckled.

"Wait" I leaned over and pecked my mother's forehead before leaving. 

"Take your medicines at time, don't avoid any meal, don't over work and please take care of yourself" I cupped her face into my hands and said to her and she nodded understandingly.