Chapter 10

The rest of the day was un-eventful. Boring even. Throughout the whole day, however, the incident was in the back of your mind, threatening to re-surface. You looked at the time and was relieved that it was time to go. Deciding to check on him, you walk to Samon's office. He was where he usually was, at his desk, popsicle in hand. He waved you over. You walked to his desk and put a hand on your hip, a scornful expression on your face. Looking slightly guilty, he said, "hehe, sorry about that. Seems like I spent a little too much time up." You throw him a really face before saying," Yeah, you did. You cant keep burning the candle at both ends, Samon. You'll make yourself sick." Sighing, he said "I know" He looked at the ground, feeling bad for making you worried. You chuckled and walked up to him. Standing on your toes, you patted him on the head. He pouted and you laughed. You started towards the door. You reached the doorknob and turned. "Bye, Samon. Don't stay too late, or I will stay up twice as long." He sweat-dropped, knowing very well that you would and have done so before. "Okay. See ya tomorrow!" walking out, you flashed him a peace sign. The walk to your car was long and slow. Hopping in, you started the car and began your drive home. 

(time skip to your apartment)

Getting out, you slammed the door closed. You started walking towards your front door, pointing the keys at the car behind you and pressing the lock button. It did so with a quick beep. After unlocking the door, you stepped in. You dropped your bag, not caring enough to hang it up. You immediately made for the bathroom. You stripped and hopped into the bath. As the water began to fill the tub up, you finally allowed your thoughts to drift to Enki. You thought about the way he seemed to be fighting something. 'was' you corrected yourself. 'was fighting'  You had finally come to the conclusion that he wasn't just being affected by some sort of unknown medical condition. You were convinced that something was attacking him. This something was invisible. It was apparently something that could be resisted or turned on and off. This thing also seemed to be triggered by certain things. For instance, you recalled when you had said Samon's name. The moment you had said that, he immediately turned into the beast you had come to fear. It was apparent that when it attacked, it caused him pain. 'attack. that seems like the appropriate word' you thought to yourself. Enki was fighting against this thing. At your last meeting, in those few moments before it completely took over, you remember him pleading with this invisible force to stop and go away. 

(flashback to the last chapter)

"Something is... wrong" he spoke in a way that sounded like fragments in stead of sentences. "What? What's wrong? Are you okay? What-" You were cut off by him moving. He moved his face to your level, eyes still closed. He spoke again. "He is... con...t" his face was contorted into one of pain. His fists were clenched at his sides. Getting more worried, you cut him off. "Who? Who is he? What's he doing? Are you okay?" He struggled for his words. "He..lp. I... no... don't wa...nt...to. st....op... Stop... STOP IT" he yelled the last two words, once again taking his head into his hands, pulling at his hair. getting more hysterical, you yell back, "STOP WHAT? WHAT'S WRONG? TELL ME"

(end of flashback) 

A shiver went down your spine. He wanted help. What was he trying to say? He had said something about a he. Who is this he? What is He doing? Several of Enki's words were hard to hear. "He is... con...t" he is what? Con...t? What was that supposed to mean? Continue? Contreversal? Continent? "WHAT IS HE DOING" you yelled out suddenly. Letting your head fall into your hands, you breathed out a frustrated sigh. 'I have to find out what's wrong with him. I have to.' You pulled your head out of your hands, leaning against the back of the tub. The water was a little past your navel now. Remembering that you were, in fact, in here to wash up, you grabbed the shampoo. You squirted a good sized blob of the (f/s) scented soap and lathered it into your hair. After a bit of scrubbing, you sink into the water and rinse it. Sitting back up, your grabbed the conditioner, pouring an amount bigger than what was recommended. You applied the product, quickly rinsing it out. You reached for the body wash, plopping some onto the rag. After washing yourself, you sank lower into the water. You eyed your razor and shaving cream. Looking at your legs (which you haven't shaved in a while) you shrugged and reached for them. After suffering through the process of shaving, you leaned back against the wall. Your thoughts, of course, went back to Enki. You sighed. To be honest, you were worried about him. You let out a breath. 'look at me, worrying about an inmate. and a murderer at that!' Well, all things considered, you were always the one to care for others. In fact, you were the one who suggested taking requests in the underground as they do in the normal ones. (Just go with it) Surprisingly, the Warden allowed it, even thanking you afterwards. You smiled at the memory. The water was now at the bottom of your ribs. You remembered his face when he looked up at you. Half and half. Your heart still broke a bit remembering this. He seemed to be fighting it off so hard. He could only get out one strangled word. "GO"  he had said. And, partly in fear and partly in obedience, had gone. You recalled thinking that you would not go back there for a while. You laughed at that. Now that you were re-thinking what happened, you were extremely worried. So much so that it felt like it was crushing against your chest, making it slightly difficult to breath. 'or maybe' you thought to yourself, 'it's all the steam in here'. You looked at your fingers. They were all shriveled and pruney. You were definitely going back tomorrow to check up on your friend. 'friend' you thought. You chuckled. You got out of the tub, pulling the plug along with you. You quickly dried yourself off, slipping into your pajamas. You made your way to your bed, falling onto it. You hauled the covers over yourself, sighing in relief. You reached over and turned off the bed-side lamp. You lay there for a few minutes, thinking of nothing. Then, out of nowhere, you think 'see you tomorrow, Enki' That was your last thought as sleep overcame you. 

We're in double digits now!! I really hope you enjoyed this part. The next one should be out by either 4/9 or 4/10. (hopefully) So YEET.