Chapter 21

(Samon's Pov)

I quietly shut the door to the room. While I was very worried about (y/n), I still had work to do. As I started walking towards my office, I began to think about the whole thing. It was just so... odd. The cameras had not been working at when it happened. The only thing that was there was a shot of (y/n) walking down the stairs before whatever happened. The blood trail had been cleaned up until the stairs. We would have been able to track the chemical leftovers of whatever cleaner the criminal used, but both sides of the hall seemed to have been mopped with it. We don't even know what direction to go it. I sighed and rubbed the bridge of my nose. There was nothing to go on. Heck, even Enki was questioned. The reports said that he didn't say anything. Just shook his head 'no'. Even though (y/n) didn't go down that way, we had everyone on Inori's side tested for anything: blood, cleaner, anything that could give us a lead. But nothing was found. I kept myself from punching the wall as I opened the door to my office. I trudged to my desk to look over the reports again. Each one included the inmate's name, cell, and transcript of what they said. I looked at the stack of papers that I had been looking at for the past two weeks. I had thrown a bunch of them into a pile. Those were the ones that I knew for a fact wouldn't (or couldn't) do it. There was only five left in the pile from those on (y/n)'s half of the corridor. (these are all made up, btw.) Inmate number 0875, cell 92. He responded violently when asked the questions. He was a pretty violent one, though. That was a normal response. But still. I flipped to the next one. Inmate 1256,  cell 34. He replied with sarcastic remarks. He was a sarcastic person. He had always been like that. I looked at the three other files left, not bothering to read them again. I knew them by heart. I looked over to my right to see the rather large pile of files from the prisoners on Inori's side. I didn't go through them that much. 'What harm could it do?' I thought as I grabbed the one off of the top. Before opening it, however, I decided that I would need a pop-sickle. I ran to the fridge and came back with a bright blue one. I ate it as I read the information. I skipped the ID and cell number, right to the transcript. (G=Guard, I=inmate)

G-Did you hear anything yesterday?

I- No

G-Did you see anyone out of the ordinary?

I- Nope, just the usual. 

G- Which is...

I- Just (y/n), taking requests as she usually does.

G-When you saw her, was she injured

I- Nope, she was perfectly fine.

G- Did you do anything to her?

I-Why would I?

*End*

(normal Pov)

Samon was about to throw the file into the 'nope' pile. Just as he was about to, though, he noticed something. He quickly opened it again and went to the transcript, thinking that he misread. 

I- Just (y/n), taking requests as she usually does.

He sucked in a breath as he read it a second time. Why did this inmate see (y/n)? Why was she taking requests on Inori's side? Thinking it was a fluke or that the inmate was lying, he simply highlighted the sentence and opened the next file, heard rate slightly above the normal speed. 

G-Did you hear anything yesterday.

I- Why?

G-Just answer the question, inmate.

I- Gees. No, I didn't hear anything. 

G-was there anything out of the ordinary

I- Nope.

G- Did you see anyone yesterday? And if so, who?

I- The only one I saw was (y/n)

Samon highlighted the sentence, not bothering to finish reading it before putting that one aside and pulling out another.  

G- Did you hear anything yesterday?

I- No.

G- Was there anything out of the ordinary?

I- No. 

G- Did you see anyone yesterday?

I- Yes.

G- Who?

I- (y/n)

Highlighting that line, he frantically grabbed for another. Then another. Then another. Then another. They said your name. 'These prisoners were on the side Inori was supposed to do. Why would-' Samon cut off his own thoughts as he realized what was taking place. Throwing down the file angrily, he stormed out of the room. He ran as fast as he could to the training grounds, intent on finding someone. He threw open the doors, catching the attention of some inmates. Most looked away after a few seconds. Upa and Liang watched him. He hadn't been out in the training grounds for a while. They watched as he stomped angrily to where Inori was slacking off. "He doesn't seem like his usual self" Upa said, still looking at Samon. "I agree. He seems angry." "Maybe he's mad because Inori's being a piece of trash and slacking off" Liang only nodded. It caught them all by surprise when Samon delt  Inori a nasty looking upper-cut. Stunned, Inori fell onto the cement. He looked around in a dazed manor and saw a furious Samon. He was about to speak, but Samon's fist to his gut cut him off. Inori fell back again, clutching his stomach. "W...what the heck Samo-" He was once again cut off buy Samon's fists, only this time, it was to his face. Upa made a face of confusion. He didn't usually do that. Tugging on Liang's sleeve. He looked down to him. "Should we stop him." Liang nodded and they both advanced towards Samon. They saw that he wasn't just his normal angry. The face he was making belong to an emotion wild with rage and fury. "Samon, that's enough." Upa called out. His call was not heeded as Samon proceeded to throw Inori into the wall. His movements were too quick for Inori to dodge. "Samon, stop" Liang said, louder than Upa. When Samon still didn't stop, the both started to approach him. He was so focused on beating up Inori that he didn't notice them creeping up on either side of him. Upa counted to three. On three, him and Liang both grabbed on of his arms. He struggled and tried to get out of their grip. Before he could do so, however, Upa pinched his jugular, causing him to pass out. The boys let go of Samon, letting him sink to the floor. They turned to the small crowd that had formed. "Get lost" Upa called out along with one of his signature glares. As the crowd dissipated, Samon started to wake up. When he sat up, Upa flicked him on the head. "OW. What was that for?!" Upa only gestured to the now injured Inori. "Well you would be mad too if you knew what I knew" Upa put his hands on his hips, "And that is?"

Wow. Look at me. Updating at a normal time and not at 12 a.m. Anyways, I'll try to get the next one out by tomorrow. The updating schedule will change on Monday, as school will be starting again. (Hahaha kill me) The end of the year tests are coming up, and you know what that means! Extra stress and overall crappiness. Yay. I'll try to update every other day and, if not, every three days. I'll do my absolute best to not go past four days. Anyways, I hope that you enjoyed this chapter. I would also like to say thanks for 500 views. Other than that, I have nothing else to say. So YEET.