Chapter 36

A few minutes later, Kiji showed up. Followed by Hajime and Kenshiro. They walked to the familiar room. They all stopped in their tracts as they saw the emptiness. Kiji spoke first. "Where is everything?" No one answered. They all stared in confusion. Samon explained what happened. "I came here to see if she was okay. It was like this when I got here." Kenshiro spoke next, "I thought the Warden said that she was okay" Samon nodded "She did say that. I doubt that she would lie. (Y/n) must be somewhere else.  Somewhere safe..." Though they wanted to, they couldn't quite believe that you were safe. No returned texts or calls and an empty apartment. "Maybe there's something here. A note or something?" Samon said hopefully. They nodded and started searching After a while of fruitless searching, they gave up and walked to the center of the room. "Our little pup is missing" Kenshiro said, his calm voice downcast. They stood there, trying to figure out what was happening. "Where could she be." asked Samon. They all went silent as they thought. Hajime spoke up first,"She has to be somewhere on this island, right?" They nodded. Though it was possible that she could have gone off the island by boat or helicopter, it was not likely. After a few minutes of silence, Hajime spoke again. "We should go home. Tomorrow on our way to work, we'll stop by a few places and see if she's there." They all agreed on that and made their way home

(What happened with the reader at the same time that the text above took place)

You tossed and turned but you couldn't sleep. There were so many thoughts clouding your mind. Thoughts that were trying to fill in the blanks. 'who was the man in the cloak?' 'what is controlling Enki?' 'why would someone want to control him' 'who is Liu Wei?' 'is Liu Wei the one controlling Enki?' Is Liu Wei the man in the cloak?' 'why can't I figure this out' You groaned as you rolled out of bed. Your feet touched the fluffy rug that your bed sat on. Not bothering to be quiet, as there was no one else in the apartment, you made your way to the kitchen. Pouring yourself a glass of water, you tired to clear your head. Your mind wandered to one of your last days in your old apartment. You smiled slightly. Then, you remembered something. "The letter" you said under your breath as you ran to the guest room where you put the suit cases. You ripped them open one by one as you tried to find it. The last one you opened contained the kitchen things. You pushed the forks, spoons, and knives aside. You were flooded with relief as you saw the tip of the elegant letter, along with the letter that you intended to send back. 'crap' you thought 'while all of this was happening, I forgot to reply to her letter' Deciding to do this now, you walked to the office, both letters in hand. You opened Jing's letter and read it again. 

Dearest (Y/n),

It has been so long since our last letter. I apologize. The other members of the council have grow suspicious of me. Especially Lord Five. He has been extra cold lately. So has Lady Four. They tend to gang up on the rest of the members. Mainly me. They are keeping an eye on me 24/7. That makes it impossible to write. For now, they have relinquished their unwavering eye and let me be for a few days, meaning that I can finally write to you!

Things have been getting worse over here. As I said before Lord Five and Lady Four have been acting strange. By that I mean that they have become more overbearing. They are trying to control everything from what we eat to what happens to those prisoners that I never told you about *wink wink* They have become more cruel to both us and the ones tried before us. The punishments have been getting more and more harsh. They have even been rude to our fellow members. I don't know what happening, though. I'll try to find out soon.

Anyways, enough about work. How have you been? Have you made any new friends? And, if so, who are they? Have you been safe lately? Any special someone you want to tell me about? There are so many questions that I want to ask. I could go on and on! I'll have some mercy and spare you all of the questions though. Just be sure to tell me everything that has happened in the months that have passed! I miss you soooooo much! I wish I could see you. Maybe one day!

Yours Truly,

-Li Jing

You smiled as you read her elegant handwriting. You then opened yours and reread it. 

  Dear Jingy,

I didn't think other Counsel members would do something like that. They're supposed to be mature. I really hope that you can still enjoy your job though. I don't know if you're going to have time to read this, so I'll make it about the same length as yours.

Anyways, about your questions. I haven't made many new friends. Still with my old groups here. Despite me being safe, there has been an accident. Don't worry, I'm fine. I was in the underground prison taking requests like always, then BOOM. The last thing I remember was crawling to Cell 8. Quite a bit happened to me, but I'm ganna be okay. And no, like I said last time, there is no 'special someone' to tell you about.

Nothing new has happened over here. Same old same old. Momoko drooling over Hajime. Kenshiro drooling over Momoko (and hating Hajime). Samon and Hajime fighting. Kiji's makeup obsession. Etc. Anyways, I hope you can reply soon! I miss you a bunch!

Sincerely,

-me 

You remembered that you wanted to ask for a transcript of Enki's meetings with the counsel. You grabbed a new sheet of paper and started your new letter. You rewrote the letter, taking off the last sentence of the last paragraph. You added another paragraph after it. 

Anyways, there is something that I need to ask you. Please don't ask any questions, you'll see what it's for. I want the transcripts of Enki Gokuu's meetings with you. As your friend of many years, I hope that you'll trust me when I say that I need them. I'll make sure that no one finds it. I hope that you can get them for me! I also want to apologize for not writing back for a while. Work was busy. I hope that you can write back soon! Miss you.

Sincerely,

-me

You looked at your letter. Taking a deep breath, you slid the new letter into an envelope, sealing it afterwards. You had a system set up for sending these kinds of letters. You slipped the envelope containing your letter into a special bigger envelope. It was a solid black one. No one but the counsel was allowed to open these. You wrote neatly on the envelope, addressing it to Lady Three. It wasn't uncommon for these things to be sent without saying who it was from, so you left that part blank. You put the letter in your bag, deciding to ship it as the post station before work tomorrow. The lack of sleep was starting to get to you, so you got up and put away Jing's letter. If someone found out that you were communicating with her, there's no telling what would happen. You then trudged your way to your room, falling onto the bead and rolling up in the covers. You closed your eyes and fell asleep. You didn't notice the figure that was observing you from the window. 

Okay, so that's done! This took a bit longer that expected, as I had to find several chapters to put the correct information. That was fun. Anyways, the next one should be out by either 5/28 or 5/29. I'm going to attempt to get back into the two day update schedule, due to it being summer and all.  I hope that you enjoyed this chapter! So YEET.