Chapter 51

"excuse me, your honer." The judge looked at you. "I request a recess" He nodded and knocked his mallet on the desk, "Parties will reconvene after a 5 minute recess" Everyone shuffled out of the room. As you walked past them, you grabbed Upa's and Liang's hand and led them to the bathroom. Halfway there, they stopped wanting to know where they were going. You just continued pulling them. You dragged them into the ladies bathroom, taking them into the big stall at the very back of the room. After you had shut and locked the door, they started talking. "What the hell, (y/n), why did you-" You covered Upa's mouth. He was going to protest, but then he saw the seriousness on your face. He moved your hand away. "What happened?" You took a breath in. Before you spoke, you looked around, making sure there was no one else there. "There's an issue" "An issue? What kind of issue? Is something wrong with the case? Did you loose something? Did you-" You cut Liang off, "You promise not to freak out?" They both eyed you suspiciously. "What do you mean by that?" "Liuyang has a gunman in the trial room" A look of confusion crossed their faces. "Who's Liuyang-" Upa interrupted Liang, "There's a gunman?!" You mentally face-palmed. They didn't know about all that. You decided to give them the short version, "Liu Wei isn't who he says he is. He's part of a mafia. His real name is Liuyang Gacheru. The real Liu Wei was the one who got invited to the Council. Liuyang murdered him and took his place." They stood there in shock for a moment, trying to understand all of the information they had been given. "So, what you're saying is, Liu Wei is really Liuyang." You nodded, "And he has a gunman in the room." you nodded again, "Who is he aiming for?" Upa asked, trying to get a feel of the situation. He had dealt with things like this before. "Me. He knows that I have dirt on him. Enough dirt to get him a life sentence. Not only did he do that thing with Enki, he has committed numerous felonies." They thought for a moment before looking at each other and nodding. They looked back at you. "We'll take care of him." Upa said. "Where is he located?" "In the upper left corner of the room." You took out a piece of paper from your pocket and wrote a quick note saying that these two were to be allowed on the upper balcony. You handed it to them. You then took off the small camera that you were wearing to record the trial and slipped it onto Upa's jumper. You then grabbed the spare out of your pocket and slipped that one on you. After you were done, you looked at your watch, "Come on, recess is over." They nodded. You were about to walk out, but you stopped them, "Try to be as quiet as possible. I want to get Liuyang to justice asap." they nodded again. "and please, be careful." they chuckled, "Don't worry about us, (y/n), just focus on the case." Liang said. You nodded and started walking back to the courtroom while the pair went a different rout. When you got there, everyone was getting back in their seats. You looked up to the gunman then back at Enki. He leaned down, "Where were you? I couldn't find you during the recess." You looked at the gunman again then back at Enki, "I was in the bathroom" You said stiffly. He sensed this but the judge started to speak. "(L/n), (y/n), would you please present your next point." You didn't want to look at the gunman and alert him of Upa's and Liang's presence. You couldn't present any of your other points without provoking Liuyang's gunman. Though you tried to think of something, you couldn't. So, you had to stall, "I would like to call Hajime Sugoroku to the stand." He walked nonchalantly to the stand and sat down gracelessly. He took one look at your face and knew something was wrong. In a very short exchange, your eyes flicked up to the gunman. Hajime saw him. He was about to do something rash, but you stopped him by rubbing your nose. As you did this, you quickly put your finger over your lips. He understood and relaxed, still weary of the danger above. "Hajime Sugoroku, please describe Enki Gokuu" He guessed that you had someone doing something about the gunman, and seeing as he was still there, he assumed that you needed more time. So, he took as long as possible with his description while still sounding professional. You looked over at Liuyang and his lawyer and saw that they looked board out of their minds. Somewhere towards the end of Hajime's description, out of the corner of your eye, you saw Upa and Laing slowly approaching the man from behind. Enki finally saw what you were staring at. His eyes widened. He was about to get up but you yanked his hand down. He looked at you but you looked straight ahead. Just as he was about to say something, Hajime finished so you stood up and started speaking, "If you would compare Hajime's description to Samon's description, you see a stark difference." You looked up for a split second. Just in time to see Upa use his Qigong to silence the man while Liang hit him in the neck, knocking him out. You nodded to them and they nodded back, starting to drag the body out. Liu Wei's Lawyer started speaking, interrupting you, "Your honer, this woman is just wasting our time with unnecessary-" "Order, Mr. Junjie. You are not to interrupt while the other is speaking." he rolled his eyes and sat down. You nodded, "Your honer?" The judge looked down at you, "Yes" "I request to call someone to the stand." "I'll allow it" You nodded then cleared your throat. You looked into the faces of the crowd, then straight at Liuyang. "I call Liu Wei to the stand."

Look at me, updating on time. The next one should be out on 6/28 or 6/29. Also, at the time I'm writing this, there's a weird glitch going on. All of my followers have been deleted, and the people that I followed were un-followed. Idk what's happening, but I hope they fix it soon. Anyways, I would like to thank Angel2113a for adding my story to their reading list! I hope that you enjoyed this chapter! So YEET.