Chapter 32

(Samon's Pov)

I paced nervously around the guard room. 'she should be here by now' I thought to myself 'maybe she just slept in a bit?' I shook my head. 'she's never late. Even if she was, she would have texted me.' I stopped pacing and face palmed. 'I'll text her' I grabbed my phone and opened it, going to (y/n)'s contact. 

S- Hey (y/n), where are you?

I looked at the screen, waiting for her to respond. After a few minutes had passed, I began to panic. She always texted back. "Calm down, Samon. It's not that big of a deal. Maybe she's doing something." A voice came from behind me, making me jump. "Can you go talk to yourself somewhere else? It's annoying" I turned around and saw that dumb gorilla. Thought this did annoy me, especially coming from him, I was too busy worrying about (y/n) to fight with him right now. "Not right now, Hajime." I say. The use of his name gets his attention. Usually I would call him gorilla or something like that. He knew something was wrong. Still looking at my phone, I hear him get up and walk to me. "What's got your panties in a bunch?" Waving away the smoke from his cigarette, I let out a frustrated sigh. "(Y/n)'s not responding" he grunted. "That's all. You worry too much. Maybe she's doing something at the moment and can't respond." "But she didn't check in with me today" "So?" "She always does." "Maybe she couldn't today" "I doubt that. And even if that was true, she would have texted me. And she had Inori wake up Cell 8 today." "What's so weird about that?" He said, getting annoyed at my worrying. I let out another sigh before I respond. "That's her favorite cell to wake up. Plus she rarely asks for stuff like that." He thought for a moment before responding. "That's true..." His eyes narrowed in thought. "Did you ask Inori where she went?" He asked. "Of course." "And?" "He doesn't know" "Of course" he grumbles, putting out his cigarette. Just then, the door was slammed open by Kiji, who strutted to where we were. Both Hajime and I were not in the mood to deal with his crap. "Hello Samon! Hello Hajime~ skin looking flawless, as always. Are you ever going to tell me your secret" Kiji says. I grumble to myself as Hajime responds. "Not right now, drag queen." "I AM NOT A-" "shut up" Hajime says with a glare. Kiji sighs, putting his hands on his hips. "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed" Rolling his eyes, Hajime looked at my phone. The message was sent ten minutes ago. She rarely took this long to respond. She always had her phone on her. Kiji leaned closer, wanting to see what we were so interested in. "Why are you staring at a text?" He asked, being nosy. 'maybe he has seen her' "Hey Kiji" he 'mhmmed'  " Have you seen (y/n) recently?" Both Hajime and I turned to him expectantly, hoping that he had. He thought for a moment. "Come to think about it, I haven't seen her in a while." I sighed and Hajime grumbled. "What, is something wrong?" Hajime answered first. "We don't know where (y/n) is. She didn't check in with Samon this morning, and she hasn't responded to his text." He thought for a moment. "She would never skip a day of work without telling someone..." We all stood there, thinking. Just then, Kenshiro walked in. 

(normal Pov)

His gaze fell on the three of us, just standing there, not saying anything. He raises an eyebrow. "Have I walked in on something?" He says in his usual calm voice. Only Kiji turns to him, mom mode in full play. He briskly walked over to him, hands on hips. "Have you seen (y/n)?" he thought for a moment. "No, why?" "We don't know where she is" His pink eye slightly widened. Thought they tried to act tough, they all cared about you greatly. Kenshiro set his computer down and walked to where the other two were standing. He glanced at the phone screen. "She hasn't responded?" Samon shook his head. Kenshiro made a "hmm." sound before taking out his phone. He opened it and texted (Y/n).

Ken- Little pup, where are you?

Samon looked over at Kenshiro's phone. "I already tried that" He shrugged, "Worth a shot" Kiji and Hajime nodded and did the same. 

Kiji- (y/n) dear, do you think you could come to the break room for a sec?

Hajime- Hey kid, you okay?

They all stared at their phones, awaiting a response. A few minutes passed. Nothing. Hajime sighs. " I have work to do" he said, walking to the door. Samon looked over to him "But what about (y/n)?" He stopped for a moment, " I'll let you know if I get anything. We still have jobs to do. I'm going to get it done. I suggest that you do the same." He walks out and closes the door, leaving the pheasant, dog, and monkey standing there, phones still in hand. Kenshiro was the first to speak. Though he hated agreeing with his rival, he new that he was right. "Hajime's right. We have work to do." Samon and Kiji looked to him. They were about to argue, but stopped when they realized he was right. They sighed and reluctantly turned off their phones. "If anything should come up, notify the others" They nodded and went their separate ways, (y/n) still in the back of their minds.

Two in a row, look at me! Anyways, I didn't have school today, so I thought that I would make another chapter. The next one should be out by 5/21, 5/22, or 5/23. I would also like to thank RayCrimson223 for adding my story to their reading list! And, of course, I appreciate all of the support I'm getting from you guys! Thanks for everything! So YEET.