Chapter 42

Liu Wie was getting closer and closer. Samon was a little bit less than 10 minutes away. 'do I have 10 minutes?' you asked yourself. 'If he finds me, I'm as good as dead' he didn't seem very interested in keeping you alive. ' I know too much' you thought to yourself 'If I live, he'll be sent to jail.' You didn't know what he was trying to accomplish by doing all of what he did, but you did know is that it wasn't anything good. He had to be stopped. You looked at your phone's clock. It had only been 3 minutes. 'thank God it isn't rush hour' You watched as he limped to the T.V. He looked behind the stand. He grumbled to himself as he found nothing. You looked at your phone again. Only 2 more minutes had passed. Still a solid 5 minutes left. He heard a noise from the kitchen and went go look there. Though it was probably the fridge, he couldn't be sure. It would only be a matter of time before he started checking behind the couches. 'hopefully enough time for him to get here' you thought to yourself, huddled behind the couch. 

(Samon's Pov)

I was just about to turn on the T.V. when I got a text. It was from an unknown number. It read

Samon, it's (y/n). Please hurry. There's an armed man trying to kill me. This man is a dangerous criminal. Please, I'm sorry for everything. I'll explain later. My apartment is at (insert address). He shot me in the leg. Get here quickly

My heart dropped. I quickly typed "On my way" I jumped off of the couch and grabbed my staff. I jumped into the car, already on the phone with the others. I notified them of what was going on and told them the address. Kenshiro couldn't leave work and Kiji was out on a business trip, so it would only be me and Hajime. I floored the car down the street, taking a sharp turn. I would be the first one there. Both Hajime was at least 5 more minutes away than I was. 'This guy is armed' I thought to myself. I drove faster to the destination.

(5 minute time skip)

(Normal Pov)

You were still behind the couch. He was still looking. Glancing at your phone, you saw that Samon would be here any second. That's when you heard a car. It was very quiet, but you heard it. You crossed your fingers that it was him. The man had started searching the living room a few minutes ago. Luckily for you, you had yet to clean, so there was quite a few things to look under. While that did buy you some time, he was getting closer. You heard footsteps. Quiet footsteps. 'Samon?' you thought hopefully. You saw the doorknob turn slightly, followed by the sound of the lock being picked. A desperate smile crossed your face as you saw the door crack open. It was Samon. He was only wearing his button up shirt and some jeans, but he was here none the less. He creeped along until he was behind the man. Just as Samon was about to get him, Liu turned around and shot. Samon moved and it only grazed his arm slightly. He let out a hiss of pain before he swung his staff. He hit Lui Wei on the wrist, causing him to drop the gun. Right as Samon was moving in, Wei's hand went to his belt and pulled out the knife. Samon dodged. You were so busy watching the fight that you didn't notice when the two other cars swung into the driveway. You did notice, however, the loud footsteps that were dashing towards your room. Hajime kicked down the door. Wei seemed to know who Hajime was, so he made a dash for the door. Hajime stopped him by catching the man's wrist. They struggled for a bit. Or, should I say, Wei struggled for a bit. Hajime didn't seem to be trying that hard. You saw Wei position his hands the way he did when he used that strange power on you. You were about to warn Hajime of this but the Samon hit him on the head, knocking him out. Hajime let him fall to the ground. There was a few moments of heavy breathing. Then, Samon spoke, "(y/n)?" It sounded so distraught yet hopeful at the same time. It made you tear up. The only thing you could choke out was a quiet, "over here" You heard a gasp followed by footsteps. Samon moved the couch a bit. When he saw you, he immediately encased you in a hug. You sniffled as he held you. After a few seconds, he let you go. "Where have you been? What happened? Are you okay? Who was that? Why was he here?" question after question came with no end in sight. You knew that you would have to answer these eventually, but as of now, you just wanted to tell them. Tell them everything. About how Enki was innocent. About Liu Wei. About your investigation. Everything. You wanted to. But the only thing you said was, "Ouch" Samon then remembered that you were shot. His eyes widened as he gently helped you up. "Where is it? Did it break anything? Oh my gosh Hajime we need to get her to the hospital" 'oh gosh' you thought to yourself. Samon's mom side kicked in. " You never said that she was hurt, Monkey." Hajime said, crossing his arms. In a frantic voice, Samon responded, "Never mind that right now, she needs medical attention!" Hajime sighed, picking you up bridal style. 'Man, the kid is lighter than I thought' Hajime thought as he carried you to his car. They decided that it would be better to take one car and that you would receive better treatment at Namba. You were expecting Samon to bombard you with questions on the drive there. Instead, he hugged you the whole way. And you just sat there in shock while Samon called Okina. 

(timeskip to Namba)

By the time you arrived, the adrenaline had wore off for the most part, leaving you to feel the full extent of the wound. Though you tried to hide it, you gave off yelps of pain as you were carried to the infirmary. 

(timeskip to the infirmary)

You arrived and Okina was already there. In the end, you had to get a few numbing shots while he pulled the bullet out. Despite the shots, it still hurt. You would have to use crutches. Again. Kiji was coming back from the trip and Kenshiro was off of work now, so they would be coming. You knew that they would want answers, so you sat there in the hospital bed, trying to prepare yourself to tell them everything. 

Two chapters in one day! Just barely. It's literally only 15 minutes till 12. (it took a bit longer than expected) The next one should be out by either 6/9 or 6/10. Anyways, I hope that you enjoyed this chapter! See you soon! (hopefully) So YEET.