Chapter 29

Saori P.O.V

The proctor was now going to announce the next match.

- Now, the next match. Kankuro and Aburame Shino! Come down! - the proctor said.

- I forfeit! - Kankuro said.

I raised an eyebrow......weird...why would he forfeit?

- Let's move on then! - Temari said and was now near the proctor.

- Looks like you're eager. Nara Shikamaru get down here. - the proctor said.

- ALRIGHT!!! SHIKAMARU GO FOR IT!!! - Naruto said pushing down Shikamaru.

- EH?! - Shikamaru said falling into the arena.

I sweatdropped, poor Shikamaru.

- HEY! HURRY UP AN FIGHT! - some said.

- YEAH! HURRY UP AND FINISH THIS CRAPPY MATCH! - others said while Shikamaru was still laid on the ground.

- GET UP KID! HOW LONG ARE YOU GOING TO LIE THERE?! - other said.

......everyone wants to see Sasuke's fight...they're all angry because they just waited for Sasuke's match but it was postponed and now they have to watch this one instead.
Again, poor Shikamaru. He might win though, at least he has the capacity to do it.

- What, are you going to give up too? - Temari asked.

- SHIKAMRU!!! GOOD LUCK! - Naruto said excited.

- IF YOU WON'T COME, THEN I WILL! - Temari said running towards him.

- HEY! I DIDN'T START THE MATCH YET! - the proctor said.

Yeah...she really doesn't care about that.
She was about to hit him when...
BOOM!
.......I smirked, she hit the ground.

- Ya know, I don't really want to fight...and I don't care whether I become a chunnin or not...but I'm not going to lose to a girl! - Shikamaru said some feet above her.

She looked at him serious.

- Can't have a guy losing to a girl...so...well, I guess I'll do it! - Shikamaru said.

She tried to attack him again with her fan but he got away from the blow.

- BUST HER UP SHIKAMARU!!! - Ino screamed from the top of her longs.

I chuckled, good to see they support each other.
Shikamaru was beside a tree now...he's probably thinking his next steps.

- NINPOU: KAMAITACHI! - Temari said and attacked again.

We couldn't see that well since she just made a mess......wait a second....I smirked.
Ohhh...he almost got her!

- Ah...I see. I've seen through your Kagemane no Jutsu! - Temari said making a mark where his jutsu can reach.

Well...she's not dumb as some other girls.

- Looks like there is a limit to how much you can stretch, shrink and change the shape of your shadow, isn't there...no matter how much you change and stretch the shape of your shadow, you still can't stretch it any further than the surface area of your normal shadow...right? - she said.

- Haha...that's right. - he said.

He then crouched down, closed his eyes and put his hands into...I don't know but it doesn't seem like a seal...he's thinking?
He then opened his eyes again.

- Looks like you're finally going to be a little serious! - Temari said.

Temari prepared another attack.