c h a p t e r t h i r t e e n

And the next thing I knew I saw the sun rising into the sky; making it a new day as it turned the dark navy into a bloody orange.

I didn't even sleep that night.

The thoughts made me toss and turn in my bed, not leaving me a second to rest.

Does he feel the same way? Why does he act like that with me?

I sighed.

Stop thinking about it.

I sat up on my bed, as I watched the sun rise even higher in the sky.

I looked down, and saw my phone resting on top of my nightstand.

I picked it up, and checked the time.

7:34 am.

I sighed.

For once  I woke up early, and I don't know if that was a good thing or not.

I stood up and went to my bathroom, starting my routine.

My hand met the light switch and I flicked it.

The harsh light took me by surprise and I winced.

I came by the shower and turned the handle.

The water started pouring down and made a harsh sound as it hit the hard surface.

I walked back and met my reflection in the mirror.

Dark bags under my eyes and my hair that looked more like a bird nest and I looked like a mad scientist.

I was wearing a light pink tank top with a pair of grey sweatpants.

The beautiful intricate flower was drawn on my skin, showing me that it isn't going to be disappearing any time soon.

The red tint disappeared, leaving the black design clash and contrast against my pale skin.

The tip of my fingers touched it gently and slowly; afraid that something will happen.

It would be hard to not think of him, of Storm, when I have a part of him etched on my skin.

I sighed as I started stripping from my clothes.

And maybe a small part of me didn't want to forget about him for unknown reasons; even mysterious to myself.

I started getting ready for work, as my thoughts were infatuated by a certain someone.

~

12: 03 pm.

I groaned slightly as I put my phone back on the table.

This day feels like a week.

I was sitting on a plain table that was situated in the office.

I was eating a ham sandwich which I quickly made in the morning, and had my water bottle in my left hand.

It was nice being alone ; I could finally get lost in my thoughts and not worry about anyone or anything else.

And fight the sleep that I needed so much after pulling an accidental all nighter.

The door opened and Dr Shaun walked in.

Nope, I spoke too soon.

His brown eyes met mine and he let out a breath of relief.

" I was looking for you. Would you mind coming with me for a few minutes?" he asked.

I stared him down.