c h a p t e r t w e n t y

I shrieked as I turned around so quickly that I almost got whiplash.

My glass of water fell on the ground, and the aftermath was heard throughout the kitchen.

"Aren't you supposed to be dead?" She asked angrily.

I could practically see the fumes coming from her ears as she was staring me down.

"Sorry to disappoint you, but it's going to take you much more than that to kill me," I said with the same amount of anger fueling my tone.

I don't know where this sudden confidence came from because she could kill me in two seconds if she wanted to, but I was living for it.

I was so damn tired of being weak and vulnerable, and I won't let Morfia win.

Not this time.

She laughed.

"Watch it. Before your words end up being the reason you're dead," She whispered in my ear.

I gulped.

Shit. Why did I say that?

My adrenaline is going to be the end of me.

It seemed like my common sense shut down because there was no way that sane Aria would ever say the next thing that came out of my mouth.

"You keep threatening me, but I don't see you do anything. Scared that Storm is going to kill you if you touch me?"

I was so tired of being treated like a lesser being. And if this is the way my two brain cells decided to express my unhappiness, so be it.

It's not like I could've stopped it at the moment.

The adrenaline inside me shut down all my senses as I pushed her away from me.

Morfia stumbled back as surprise washed over her face.

It disappeared quickly before it was overcome by something much more dangerous.

"Keep in mind that I can kill you right now if I want to, Aria," she said with so much venom in her face.

"I'm not scared of you Morfia, not anymore."

I pushed her again, proving my point.

If this happened to me two days ago, let's just say I would be dead the second she came.

She knocked off the vase on the table and the water inside it started spilling on the table, turning the white table cloth translucent.

I was surprised Dad didn't wake up. And if he doesn't wake up now, he's going to wake up in a few minutes anyway.

"You ruin everything!" She screamed out as she came up to me and grabbed me by my hair.

I whimpered in pain as I tried blocking it out of my head.

My scalp started burning as she somehow tightened her hold on it even more.

"What did I ever do to you?" I asked.

She whipped my head back so I would meet her eyes.

I yelped at the harshness and was met with her cold stare.

The green eyes that I thought were beautiful when I first met them but now, they disgusted me.

How could someone be so evil?

"You -"

Her eyes widened as she looked down at my shirt.

I was about to protest before I heard what she said.