A New Beginning

The sun was starting to rise as the sun rays peeps into Anne's room, the roosters were already crowing outside and just about every creature was ready to start the day, well apparently not all. As a certain redhead still lays in bed through the sounds of the blaring alarm she keeps snoozing every five minutes.

'ring' 'ring' 'ring' the alarm goes off, waking her up once again, but not entirely. Anne's mind was still in dreamland. She struggles to turn off the alarm clock as she swats everything on her bedside table.

"Would...you...just..." she grunts now irritated by the repetitive and annoying sound of the alarm "shut...UP!"

There was a loud thud as something falls on the floor.

"Goodness, Anne what happened?" Marilla comes in the room wearing an apron and holding a spatula.

Anne bolts right up, now wide awake and looks at Marilla wide-eyed. Then her eyes travel down to her bedside table down to her floor.

"I think I might need a new alarm clock Marilla." She says with a sheepish smile.

Marilla sniffs looking at the broken alarm clock on the floor. " You darned kid, go on head downstairs for breakfast, we'll have Matthew buy you a new one for the second time this week." Marilla says with poison in her words.

Anne gets up and rushes to Marilla with an apologetic hug.

"This won't get me anymore next time, Anne. " Marilla scoffs pretending not to like Anne's bear hug. "Oh I really am sorry Marilla, I swear I won't let it happen again." With that Anne runs to her bathroom to wash her face as Marilla goes back downstairs to make breakfast.

Anne goes to her closet to choose her outfit for today, she was very excited. It was the very first day of senior high school for her, she had been homeschooled all her life but Marilla and Matthew finally decided to let Anne go to a real school and have new friends. But Anne was more than happy to have her bosom friend, Diana Barry, their neighbor. They became the bestest of friends throughout the whole summer.

Anne could never forget how they first met. It was when Anne was taking out some trash from their house , and so was Diana. It was a very unfortunate time for their first meeting but they kindly smiled at each other until Anne had to trip on their garden hose and fall to the ground. Diana ran to her and ask her if she was okay, that's when they introduced to each other. Anne was new to Avonlea, she came from Nova Scotia and was adopted by Marilla and Matthew. Diana was her very first friend, and her very best since then.

"Anne breakfast is ready!" Marilla shouts from downstairs. "In a minute!" She shouts back.

Anne finally decides on wearing her oversized striped pants, black and red cropped top and combat boots. With a simple , mascara, eyeliner, blush on and pinkish lipgloss on she was ready. Tying her hair into two braids.

She eats breakfast of pancakes and drinks her milk, before heading out to the door with her bag and kissing Marilla and Matthew goodbye. She rushes out the door to meet Diana by the shady tree on the sidewalk, on the way to school.

"Omg Anne you look gorgeous!" The raven haired girl wearing a floral dress and heels squeals at Anne.

"Me? What, no! You look so much better Di." Anne says as she hugs Diana who grunts at her bestfriend.

"When will you ever take an honest compliment girl?" Diana sighs at her bestfriend. Anne always says she was homely and ugly, but she is anything but. If only someone could make her see that. She was just so stubborn and hardheaded. But she was still amazing friend, Diana thought.

"Never." Anne says as she giggles making Diana laugh too. Soon they were both laughing as they walk through the sidewalk to go to school. Diana talks to Anne all about school.

"Oh Anne I can't wait for you to meet my school friends I was talking to you about." Diana says cheerily as they now walk down the path of a small forest, it was a walking shortcut to school that Diana usually took, last school year.

"I can't wait to meet them too. I can't believe you never told me their names and numbers , then I could maybe have texted and called with them. " Anne says.

"But I wanted you to meet them personally, oh I just know that they will like you Anne."
Diana says kindly to Anne.

"Yeah, I don't know. But you know what. If they like me then ok and if they don't then fine. I couldn't care less about it." Anne says with her chin up. Anne always had that sassy attitude.

"Atta girl...but I still know that they will like you though." Diana says. "Oh shut up Di." Anne says back.

Finally the two girls comes out of the forest path and they were back on the cemented sidewalk and there it was, Avonlea HighSchool. They smiled at each other before going in arm in arm.

They reach their lockers, which was right next to each other, they talk about the classes they have while putting their stuff away.

"Oh no, your first class is homeroom with Mr. Phillips, ugh he is the worst, Anne. I'm glad I don't want to have him as my teacher, I'm telling you. We had him as a teacher in middle school before and he is just a very strict man, he treats everyone differently , he is so unfair." Diana complains as Anne just laughs at her.

"I'm pretty sure he wouldn't even notice me, I'm great at being invisible you know."

"No you're not." Diana says. "Whatever, Diana, I'm betting you I won't even cross paths with attention today." Anne says with her chin up. They just both laughed at her stubbornness.

The hallway was now filling up with students and the morning bell was to ring in just a few minutes.

"So what's your first class Diana?" Anne asks Diana who was looking at her timetable.

"Homeroom, with Mr. Dunlop, huh he's a new teacher here. I hope he's not as bad as Mr. Phillips." Diana says.

"I'm still freaking confused, but what the heck is homeroom, and why don't we have the same one, mine is with Mr. Phillips and your isn't?"

"Homeroom with Mr. Phillips?" A male voice asks behind Anne.