You're so fucking conceited, Gilbert Blythe!

~

"And it is." Anne says as she looks at the mess of a gymnasium. Apparently there was a practice game and a lot of students have come to watch. Mostly, girls.

"Great, just great." Anne says annoyed.

"I'm so sorry for you Anne." Diana says. "I could always stay behind and help you." Diana offers kindly making Anne smile.

"Nah, Di. I don't want to drag you into this hellhole too. And don't you have that Avonlea choir thing after school?" Anne says to her bestfriend.

"Oh yes, of course haha." Diana says trying her hardest not to give away her lie right now.

"And you have a date with Gilbert." Diana teases.

"It is not a date, it's just a meetup at his house with him after school." Anne exclaims as Diana just looks at her teasingly. "His friend Jake will be there, cut it out Diana, stop being so weird." Anne exclaims with a groan as she

hits her friend lightly on her shoulders.

"Alright, alright. I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Diana says giggling.

Two males approaches them, Charlie and Gilbert who are now both wearing their school's basketball jersey in maroon and black color scheme, the Gladiators. Pretty gnarly.

"Hey Anne, mind if I steal your bestfriend for a few minutes." Charlie greets her and quickly drags Diana along with him to God knows where.

"Uhh Hey Anne." Gilbert greets alarmed at the lack of presence of his bestfriend who just abandoned him.

"Uhh Hey." She says equally alarmed.

"So you came to watch me play like all my fans huh? I never thought you'd be such a fangirl over me carrots, it's such a pleasure." Gilbert quickly teases Anne to ease the tension.

"You're so fucking conceited, Gilbert Blythe." Anne rebutes shaking her head and laughs.

"Well, takes one to know one." Gilbert rebutes.

"Hey! I am not conceited." Anne retaliates crossing her arms on her chest.

"Yeah, well look who tweeted, gonna nail this english exam, outta the way bitches." Gilbert says reading Anne's tweet fom his phone.

"That is not being conceited, that is called assuring yourself, it boosts your confidence." Anne tries again. Gilbert just gives her a you-make-no-sense look.

"Hey, I didn't know you followed me on twitter." Anne comments snatching Gilbert's phone. Gilbert was chasing after it like it was his life.

"H-hey, give it back, carrots." Gilbert says clutching onto Anne's hand that keeps furthering her cellphone clutched hand away from him.

"Hey, this isn't twitter, this is a-screenshot." Gilbert looks defeated. "Why'd you screenshot my tweet?" Anne asks looking at him incredulously."

"Uhh-oh look it's Jake, hey Jake this is Anne." Gilbert says snatching her phone from Anne's hand and Anne just gives it up and looks politely at Jake with a smile.

"Anne Walker?" Jake asks. "Anne Shirley, dude." Gilbert corrects him.

"It's actually Anne Shirley-Cuthbert, Nice to meet you Jake." Anne corrects even more smiling at the goofy looking grinning hansome fella.

"Cool, cool, nice to meet you too. I have heard a lot about you." Jake says grinning at her.

"You have? From who?" Anne says inquisitively, and it was pretty obvious who and Gilbert just had to step in.

"From no one, look Jake the coach is calling us. Later Anne Shirley." Gilberts says quickly ushering Jake to the team that was now huddled up preparing for the game.

Meanwhile Anne just groans, rolls her eyes and proceeds to the janitor's closet to find some cleaning supplies.

The game finishes and groups of people begin coming out of the gym as Anne continues to come inside for a last clean up after everyone else is finally getting out.

"The team was so great weren't they, Gilbert was the coolest, his body and face is everything." A random girl says squealing. "Jake was by far the cutest, I believe I saw him grin at me after scoring three points." Another girl says.

"Charlie was like the most charming, and I saw as clear as day when he smiled at me when he was dribbling the ball, it was so romantic." Yet another girl says dreamily. He was smiling at Diana beside you, idiot. Anne thought to herself.

"Yeah but did you see Ruther Blake, he was so hot making those points, no wonder he's the team captain, he's so hot." Another random girl squeals.

Yeah, right. He's the team captain cause he's hot alright.Anne scoffs at herself making the chatting girls look at her accusingly and she shots them back a deathglare.

"L-let's go." The random girl says dragging her friends along.

Most of the crowd now dissipated and the team was now the only ones left.

"Woot-woot our school won again." A guy Anne believed was named Royal Gardner. A very weird name, was trotting super confidently out of the gym like he owned the place, he stops and looks at Anne who was about to enter.

" Hey, sweetcheeks. Did you enjoy the game?" Roy asks full of airs.

"Uhh no, I didn't watch it and please get out of my way." Anne says trying to get her way in front of the guys blocking her path.

"You're a feisty one huh Anne, I like that." Roy says leaning down onto Anne.

"Who cares what you like, now get out of my way." Anne says shoving him away this time and entering the gym annoyed.

"Woah, what's got your panties in a twist Annie." Jake asks seeing Anne charging into the gym like a bull.

Anne knew she just met him, but she just couldn't help but glare at him, which made him scower away.

"Your girl is so scary dude." Jake says to Gilbert as he walks away following the other dudes.

"Hey, so your stuck on cleaning duty huh. Need any help?" Gilbert says wrapping a towel around his neck. Anne looks at him to retort to his stupid question but she stopped and had to bite the inside of her cheeks to keep her

from saying something to embarrass herself.

Something like how hot he finds Gilbert at the moment. With his messy and disheveled slighy wet curly hair. The way he was dripping sweat from his forehead down to his sweet face that she now realized had the fewest of freckles

and his succulent apple like lips her eyes travel down to his biceps to his sweat-drenched shirt and the defined abs that he's probably hiding underneath. When did Gilbert even become this fit?

Gilbert raises his eyebrow in confusion and realizes Anne was clearly checking him out and lets her do it more, cause quite frankly he's liking seeing her looking at him with such eyes.

Anne realizes what she was doing and snaps out of her reverie.

"Done checking me out already carrots?' Gilberts confidently teases walking closer to Anne.

"No, I wasn't. Stop moving, go away, go home, get outta here. I don't need your help. Go take a bath, you reek of sweat, bye." Anne says in one sentence and escapes him and starts cleaning.

"If you say so milady, I'll just wait for you outside and you can just call for me if there's any dragons around here to slay." Gilbert says getting out of the gym with a triumphant face.

"You don't have to." Anne yells after him.

"But I want to." Gilbert yells back leaving Anne scowling at his back and continues her cleaning duties, annoyed once again.