Chicken

It's been a week since that homeroom class where Gilbert Blythe embarrassed Anne Shirley-Cuthbert. Anne hasn't done anything yet. And that's what's keeping Gilbert on edge. Whenever Anne makes a movement, Anne swears she sees Gilbert flinch. It makes her laugh,  but that's not enough.

Saturday night, Diana invited Anne over for a sleepover. They also invited their friends.

Anne and Diana who were scrolling through Ruby's phone and Tillie and Jane who were taking selfies, stopped whatever they were doing and looks at the chicken inside the room.

Yes I said chicken. As in Ruby Gilis in a chicken onesie.

"Oh my goodness Rubs, that is too cute." Jane screams as she bear hugs Ruby.

"Are you sure, does it not look childish?"

"You look amazing." Diana giggles. "Totally cute."  Tillie seconds.

"Really?" Ruby asks again, looking at herself in a mirror.

"Believe me hun, you're the only one I've seen who pulls of a chicken onesie." Anne smiles and winks at Ruby.

"Do you think Gilbert will find me cute in these too? Maybe I should post a picture for him to see. What do you girls think?" Ruby asks helplessly.

"I don't know Rubs, what do you think Anne?" Diana asks Anne who was clearly spacing out at the mention of a boy whose name starts with Gilbert an ends with Blythe.

"Huh, yeah absolutely. " Anne answers absolutely not knowing what she said yes to. Diana looks at Anne incredulously. "Go ahead Rubs, post a pic so Gil can see it." Diana says. this time Anne understands what they were talking about.

"Okay since you guys said so..." Rubs tries to take her phone from Anne.

'W-wait!" Anne screams. Everyone looks at her weirdly like a chicken crossing the road.

"D-don't forget to tag us Rubs."Anne chuckles and hands Ruby her pink phone.

Tillie and Jane takes pictures of Ruby. As Anne excuses herself to the kitchen and Diana follows her.

"So Anne..." Diana starts. Anne stopped midway from drinking water from the fridge.

"Diana, I know that look.What do you want?" Anne says matter of factly.

"What's going on with you? You spaced out when Rubs mentioned him." Diana asks.

"Who?" Anne asks dumbly.

"You know who, Anne." Diana mutters as she grabs a glass of water for herself.

Anne gasps dramatically , before answering.

" Voldemort?!" Anne exclaims.

Diana spit out the water in her mouth onto Anne. She was wheezing.

"Eww Diana!" Anne scolded her, but she was wheezing too.

They were both laughing. Diana was fumbling for tissues for Anne's wet tanktop.

"I-Im s-so so s-sorry haha Anne." Diana says still laughing.

"Great Di, now I have to change my top." Anne says jokingly.

"It was your fault for joking about the dark lord." Diana retorts back.

"This is my favorite top tho." Anne says pointing at  her top. 

"Come on, I'll get you a shirt upstairs." Diana says.

Anne was saved from a long conversation with a mix of teasing by joking about the dark lord of harry potter. That was an unexpected save. Anne thought.

They make their way upstairs to Diana's room and sees the three girls throwing pillows at each other.
Diana and Anne joined in too. Forgetting about Anne's wet tanktop, they whacked each others head instead.

Soon enough they all lay down after a few groufies and posting them. 

Ruby suddenly squealed alerting everyone. "Gilbert liked our groufie!" Ruby exclaimed. Everybody just groaned. Ruby is adorable but way too obsessed on Gilbert Blythe sometimes.

"Yay." Anne says monotonously. She heard giggles from everyone. Ruby was still smiling at her phone.

Suddenly Anne thought of Blythe. She still hasn't gotten back at him for embarrassing her. Should she even? Anne asks herself. It's so much fun to see him flinch everytime tho. But maybe a good comeback would be better.

"Random question." She proclaims. "Do any of you girls know Blythe's fear?" Anne asks earning curious faces at the sudden mention of Gilbert from Anne's mouth and for the random question.

"Blythe's fear? Why would you suddenly ask about that?" Jane asked.

"Come to think of it, I know everything about him, apart from that. Hmm I guess Gilbert is just fearless." Ruby says in awe.

" Fearless? Blythe? Pfft. No way! " 'he's scared of me and my every movement that he flinches. Ha! Anne thought.

"Why don't you ask him yourself Anne?" Tillie suggests making Anne's face scrunch up.

"Yeah, I'm sure Gil would love to talk to you. " Diana giggles making everyone giggle too apart from Ruby and Anne.

"Very funny, Di." Anne says sarcastically.

"It's not funny." Ruby exclaims frowning. Here she goes again.

"I was just kidding Rubs." Diana says sensing Ruby getting jealous.

It was 2 am when everyone finally fell asleep. Light snores were heard inside the Diana's room where memories of friends were made. Anne's phone binged. And a message displayed on her screen.

Unknown

'Nice hair, you should keep it loose sometimes, I like it.'