Gilbert takes Anne Home

'Kriiiiiing"

The bell rang signalling the next class. Evryone eventually filled up the hallways and went on with their classes.

The day ended just like that, Diana was still nowhere to be seen. It's being kinda weird now. But Anne was pretty preoccupied by something to mind just yet. She went home with the events still in mind. She was walking along the forest, she started reminisicing, and she saw Billy's smug face, her blood began to boil. She needed to chill. Somehow.

Anne made her way to the park, it was getting pretty dark. But she was determined to get herself something to chill with. An ice cream sounded good. She went up to the vendor and she was greeted warmly.

"Why hello there. I remember you. Alone today are we?" He asks as he scoops her cookie dough, chocolate and vanilla ice cream. A triple combo!

"Yeah, I have some things I have to think about." She answers politely and hands the man her payment in exchange for her ice cream. She sat by a bench and put her stuff down. She took out her phone using one hand and started to text Marilla she'll be home in a few. When somebody decided to snatch her phone, she thought it was a snatcher at first so her instincts caved in and she tripped them with her feet, careful not to spill her ice cream.

"GAHHHHH." The snatcher fell face first on the ground.

"You son of a-" Anne was about to pummel the snatcher more but she was shocked when the snatcher lifted their face.

"GILBERT?!" Anne yelled as she saw a red faced Gilbert Blythe on the ground.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry Gil, I thought you were a snatcher and that my phone was snatched." Anne rambled on as he helped Gilbert up, her ice cream long forgotten on the ground, melting miserably looking at Anne and Gilbert emmiting warm fluff-wait no, we're getting a bit off here *ehem.

Anne helped Gilbert up. She helped him wipe off the dirt from his shirt. Her hands came in contact with his toned chest and she jerked her hand away from it like it was a hot kettle she accidentally touched. And now her face was like a hot kettle, it was boiling.

Gilbert noticed it, he notices everything about Anne. Kinda creepy, but that's Gilbert Blythe for you.

"Like what you felt Anne?" Gilbert teased earning him a glare and a punch in the arm.

"Ow, even my muscled arms. How abusive, Anne." He says annoyingly, gaining the attention he wanted from Anne. "But I like it." He says nearing her face to hers.

"Oh my god you are so fucking annoying Blythe!" Anne yelled as she shoved him away. She regained her composure and her eyes looked down upon her spilled and melting ice cream.

"MY ICE CREAM!" She screams once more. Terror filled Gilbert's eyes as he realized it was his fault for sneaking up on her.

"Uh oh." He quips before running away. He doesn't even realize that he still had Anne's phone in his hands as he ran away.

They went around half of the park before Anne caught up to him with her agility and steps onto the bench and jumps onto Gilbert back. But Gilbert faced her just in time.

'Booogshhhh'

They fell on the ground with a thud. Gilbert is getting beaten the shit out of today. He opened his eyes and the view he had was just-stupendous, splendid and just beautiful that he forgot about his pain alltogether.

Anne's gray blue green eyes was staring right back at his brown ones. They were in the middle of the park, in the middle of some Avonlea people, but right now that didn't seem to matter as they stared into each other's souls. Anne was practically straddling Gilbert with her body, their chests were on top of each other, they could almost hear their pounding hearts. Gilbert on the other hand had his right hand up, still holding Anne's phone, protecting it from the fall in the very last minute, his other arm snaked around Anne's waist.

Anne felt that and shook her head from the sudden aura that covered them and she moved on top of him and grabbed her phone from his hands. "Gotcha." She says triumphantly as she stood up with a sly smile, she was a bit flustered but she did so well in hiding it.

"Of course you did." Gilbert says as he sit right up. He felt a pang of hurt on his back and head but he didn't show it to Anne. "Mind if you help me up?" He asks with a sly smile. Anne raises an eyebrow at him.

"Get yourself up weakling." She says confidently.

"Okie dokie." Gilbert says as he swiftly stood himself up even through the pain he was feeling, he didn't wanna burden Anne with his injuries. Not especially after what he's read on the Avontea Website. He couldn't believe it. Moody would never. He tried talking it over with his dad at home, but he said that Moody had the final statement and that he couldn't do anything about it. He let his dad go to bed because he knows he should get some rest. He had to go absent this day to settle some matters at their family hospital. His dad had an urgent school meeting so he went in his dad's place.

Anne laughed a bit before her eyes grew a bit gloomy again. She must be remembering that again. Gilbert thought. he had already heard what happened from Jane. Jane and Josie were his kinda close friends, since their families are somewhat close.

"Hey, Anne." He says gaining Anne's attention. Anne hummed a reply still not 100 percent listening to him as she drowns in her own thoughts.

"It's gonna be alright, okay." He says which shocks Anne.

"Wait, you know what happened?" She asks enthusiastically. Gilbert smiled at this. He made his way to the roots of the huge tree in the middle of the park, he sat down and Anne sat down after him.

"Yeah I do. Jane and Josie told me. Also Charlie. Well just what he knew from the Avontea Website anyways." He began explaining.

Anne nods at this. She somehow felt at ease now that Gilbert knew about it.

Wait-so what if he knew. tch. Anne thought. She averted her gaze and muttered a tch beneath her breath.

"What you on about now Anne?" Gilbert asks as he sees her turn her head away.

"Nothing." Anne says as she turns her head back and looks at the park, the lights started to go on one by one. The day tired her out more than usual, her eyes began to feel droopy. She knew she was outside, but she somehow felt safe. She wondered why, but she just swatted her thoughts away and let herself be lulled into a slow and calming sleep.

Gilbert was just thinking of a retort to Anne when he felt a soft bundle of hair tickle his neck along with a thud.

Anne has fallen asleep on his shoulder.

She must have been so tired. Gilberts thought as she looks at Anne's peaceful sleeping face. His eyes traced her fiery red hair down to her pretty eyebrows, her freckled cheeks were illuminated by the erradescent lights of the park, her nose was scrunched up a bit, maybe it was due to the cold air out and about, his eyes finally rested on her pink luscious lips.

Gilbert gulped and averted his gaze. he shouldn't be thinking like this when Anne is this vulnerable. He decided to pack up their stuff swiftly, slowly and quietly to not wake her up. He rode Anne on her back, gathered up her stuff and walked quietly through the night, with thoughts on his head and a redhead on his back.

The air smells nice. Like the scent of wild flowers on a nice, bright yet chilly day on wide field.

Wait, maybe that was just Anne's wild fragrance he was smelling.

Yeah, it was her's.

Wait, what am I doing sniffing a girls hair?

Stop it, Gilbert Blythe. Get a hold of yourself.

Afterwards~

Anne woke up and she was on her comfy bed. Wait, what time is it? How'd I get here? Why do I smell like vanilla and hmm what is that smell? Parchment paper? That's weird. Hmm must have been a dream. Anne says as she drifts off to sleep once again. Gilbert Blythe is seen walking away from Green Gables with a Marilla watching him go with a thankful smile on her face.

Gilbert looked up at the tiny windowsill that belonged to Anne Shirley-Cuthbert's room wishing the readhead a goodnight.