Haunted Mystery...Unwanted Misery

It was a crisp Monday morning much like every other morning. The air was getting a bit chilly as the ber months are nearing. Anne woke up in a daze. She has been checking out the Avon-tea High website and there was a lot to read from there. So many gossips.

She stayed up so late for all that fuss. She just wanted to know how Avonlea High was and is. She feels at home in Avonlea High but sometimes she just can't help but tear herself apart from the others who has been classmates for so long. But now she realized that it doesn't matter anymore as long as she gets along well with her friends, and don't cause the school trouble..too much.

She stood up groggily and her nose fell upon the smell of freshly cooked pancakes. She rushed to the kitchen in delight to see Marilla just finished whipping up a batch of perfectly round golden pancakes. Marilla tends to make them perfect and whenever she makes a not round looking one or a messed up one she would let Matthew snatch it from her perfect pancake pile.

"Goodmorning, Anne. You woke up a considerably early.." Marilla remarks as she sets the table.

"Yeah I don't know why either. Maybe something good would happen today that the universe just wanted me to wake up earlier to witness it quicker." She says in one breath then gobbles up a slice of pancakes she already put maple syrup and butter on.

Marilla looks at her skeptically.

"What?" Anne asks mouthful of syrupy pancake dripping from her mouth.

"I sometimes worry if you would ever end up getting married." Marilla quips as she goes back to her cooking station now making herself some tea.

"What?" Anne asks again.

"Don't mind her Anne." Matthew says as she sits at the table with her.

"She's just concerned with your table manners." Matthew says as he grabs his own set of pancakes. Just plain pancakes, no syrup nor butter just the way he likes it.

"Oh yeah, I shouldn't speak with my mouth full. Yeah, now I know." She says laughing it off. Matthew chuckles at this.

"To tell you a secret, I also used to talk with my mouth full before, and Marilla always scolded me." Matthew whispers and Anne laughs at him and his revelation.

"What are you two hens cackling about?" Marilla asks as she sets down her tea and also sits down to eat.

"Nothing." Both of them says in a suspicious unison.

Marilla just didn't even bother and let out a sigh.

A beep was heard from the outside, Anne stood up and looked out the window and gasped loudly, getting Matthew and Marilla's attention.

"Wha-What the-." She leaves the table with her half eaten pancakes. She has to deal with this first.

"Marilla, Matthew I gotta go. See you soon." She says and dashes out the door.

"Wait Anne, your pancakes!." Marilla tried to call for her but she was already out the door.

"That kid, seriously." Marilla groans then she sees Matthew looking at the pancakes Anne left suspiciosly, then at Marilla.

"Yes Matthew you can have them." She says.

"Ooh, don't mind if I do." He says happy like a kid.

"This kid, seriously." Marilla says shaking her head with a faint smile in her face.

~

"What the hell are you doing here?" Anne blurts out.

"Woah easy peasy my sweetcheeks baby, I'm here to bring you to school."