The Cole-ission

"Anne!!!" A thunderous scream woke the redhead up as she rose up like lightning.

"W-wha-what? Where's the fire?" Anne mumbles still half asleep.

"Fire? Unbelievable." Marilla pauses as she sighs.

"Anne Shirley-Cuthbert, it is 7:47 am and you are gonna be late for class!" Marilla drilled onto Anne which cracked Anne's half asleepness as she stood up completely and utterly in shock.

"What the hail?!" Anne exclaimed. "I thought I set my alarm?" Anne said as she gave her alarm clock a betrayed look.

"Your alarm clock was perfectly fine. You just set it to pm not am. See." Matthew came into the picture and shows Anne the alarm clock.

"That's why it was ringing last night." Anne said only realizing it now.

Marilla saw that Anne was not making efforts to get ready for school what so ever so she finally scolds her for it.

"Stop your nonsense already Anne, and get ready for school." Marilla said as she walked away.

"Oh shit, I forgot." She says and remembers Matthew was in the room. She cover her mouth and says oops.

Matthew just shook his head. "Just hurry up kiddo." Matthew says as he too walks away the corridor and down the stairs.

After a few minutes of rushed preparation that Anne performed. She was contented with her natural look. She wore the simplest outfit. A plain white shirt with a little crown drawing on the upper left of it and some ripped jeans she found in the closet. She decided to pair it up with her black converse.

"Marilla, Matthew I'll be going now. See you when I see you. Mwahh." She said as she blew kisses at the two adults. She giggles before running out of the door.

"Aish, this kid with her nonsense." Marilla says shaking her head in disapproval.

"You know you love it when she does that." Matthew teases.

Marilla just gave him a I-have-no-idea-what-you-are-talking-about-look.

" Marilla, you and all your always acting to be firm. I for one love that kid ever since she was mistakenly given to us. She's made my world brighter and messier than ever, and I wouldn't want it to change." Matthew says making a point. He felt quite proud because she made Marilla have a loving smile on her face.

"Me too Matthew, me too." Marilla finally admits as she looks outside to see Anne and Diana walking to school.

{Le time skip for the lazy writer}

At school hallways...

"Hey have you heard of the new kids? They'll be attending their first day today." Sabrina, the head cheerleader casually says as she puts her stuff in her locker.

"Really? We have to make a good impression on them then." Abegail says while straightening out her dress.

"I wonder if they will be boys or girls or whatever." Maxene says, popping a grape flavored lollipop into her mouth.

"Oh I heard they were both boys." Sabrina says.

"I wonder if even on of them will be as handsome as Gilbert." Abegail says dreamily.

"Hey, no way. No one can be as handsome as he is." Sabrina says and the other two nods.

"But that is for us to find out huh?" Abegail says with a goal in mind.

"Well yeah, and besides we have to make a good impression on the new students as the school's beloved cheerleaders." She says fixing her hair.

"Yeah right." Maxene scoffs.