Jer-Bear

"Oi-miss, ouch lady please stop."

Anne was hitting the boy endlessly with a pillow. Just then Marilla shows up from the kitchen doorway and Matthew shows up from the front door.

"Oh dear lord, Anne stop it this instance and let the poor boy go!" Marilla exclaims distressed at Anne who was now holding the boy's arms behind his back.

Anne halts to a stop as she looks from Marilla's face to Matthews fumbling stance.

"W-what's going on?" Anne asked.

"Let go of the boy first." Matthew instructed carefully.

Anne reluctantly let's go of the boy and the boy shuffles to his feet.

"Bonjour, I'm sorry, I didn't get to properly introduce myself." The boy says in a thick French accent. (idk how to speak french so just imagine his cute french accent)

"I'm Jerry Baynard at your service." He introduces bowing his head and taking of his hat in a formal manner.

"O-Oh." Anne just stood there not knowing what to do.

"He is going to be my help in the farm from now on. He came by here just this morning selling newspapers saying he wanted to save up money and so I offered him a little job." Matthew explained.

"Don't just stand there Anne, introduce yourself as well." Marilla sternly says.

"Oh, I'm Anne, Anne with an e." She say with her classic introduction as she holds her hand out for him to shake but to her surprise he holds it and plants a soft kiss on the back of her hand. She retracts her hand.

"Nice to meet you Miss Anne with an e." Jerry says.

"Just call me Anne." Anne says putting her arms over her chest as she smiles at the peculiar boy amusingly.

"Now that we are all properly introduced, I have prepared plum puffs." Marilla says looking at Anne expectantly. She knew well enough what it means.

She remembers her trip to the Radleys last time. It was so embarrassing. She fell down face first on the Radley's front porch and their mischievous kid laughed at her and Ms. Radley scolded her son. Some of the muffins fell from the basket but thankfully some of them survived.

After that was a long and awkward getting to know each other which ended up with Anne leaving with a basket with a few dirtied up muffins.

"You can bring Jerry along with you." Matthew suggested cutting Anne through her thoughts.

"Huh, oh no need." Anne insists she didn't hate the boy she just didn't like him yet atleast.

"I can accompany you miss Anne with an e." Jerry suggests a bit teasingly.

"Again, just call me Anne." Anne says a bit annoyed now. Is he some other Gilbert Blythe? If he is it's the end of the world.

Shit, I just thought about that dumb boy. Anne thought annoyed at herself.

"Alright fine, let's go Jerry." Anne says distracting herself from her thoughts, she grabs the plum puffs that are now in tightly closed containers in a basket to prevent any mishaps. She couldn't help but chuckle a bit.

"We're off guys." Anne says at the door with Jerry behind her.

"Let me hold it for you Miss Anne-I mean Anne." Anne rolls her eyes. "I can manage Jerry- it is okay that I call you by your first name right?" Anne asked trying not to be rude anymore.

"Well of course miss Anne with an e." Jerry says again slightly tilting his head to Anne.

"Ugh you're getting more and more annoying new boy." Anne exclaims puffing out air as Jerry laughs.