F I F T E E N

ruby was beyond excited to see athena and finally meet her baby. he was also very scared of his plan not going the way he hoped. ruby spent countless hours and a few sleepless nights, that even handys couldn't fix, thinking of the perfect plan. running different plans with athena on which one was best. he even emailed her with links to digital showing of how the plan was going to go down.

he wasn't scared that his parents might walk into his room, which was actually the twins room, and not see him there. his worry was that his lie was going to catch up to him. he told monse he was staying with cesar, but told cesar he was staying with jamal and told jamal he was staying with monse. he feared that his parents would text one of his friends and not him and end up having a search party to find him. having to explain why he was the the forbidden house, wasn't part of the plan.

ruby heard the town talk about the new santos members and his babymomma. through the mouths of those who thought being in peoples business was better than minding their own. the inaccurate words falling from their lips, but he knew. he knew they were talking about athena. as soon as he heard about the curly hair girl covered in tattoos, he knew they were talking about his athena. he had also heard from the local supermarket that she might be from brentwood. hearing that made ruby relax that he was still the only one who knew, who she really was and where she lived.

stuffing he snacks he had bought earlier into his black backpack, he quietly left the bedroom.

imessage
athena

R: about to leave my house to go fuck shit up at yours, don't forget to tie the beast up pls.

A: omg im so excited and whatever you say my fellow king, he's being tied as we speak.

R: see you in 5.

he would be lying if he said he wasn't scared to be walking through a sketchy ass alley at 10:30 pm in freeridge. he could feel his hands sweat and he felt as if his heart fell out of his ass when he heard a dog bark and bite the wire fence separating them. ruby knew he was only a house away and decided i text athena saying he was here. as he walked up zeus started barking and the thick chain that held him back was rattling as he tried to move forward. ruby opened the gate and saw the big ass garage to the right of the yard. he was also shocked at seeing a small pool and jacuzzi, houses in freeridge don't usually have this stuff. following the stone path up the steps and on to the porch. due to his actions zeus was barking up a storm and ruby wondered if his throat felt dry yet. seeing a figure move through curtains and hearing the locks open he instantly relaxed.

ruby was speechless at how flawless the young mother in front of him was. her curls were wet and sticking to the black t-shirt, the baby pink cotton nike shorts and the black ankle socks that covered her tiny feet. she was beautiful.

ruby wondered if things would be awkward between them. but that all washed away when athena pulled ruby into a tight hug. "ugh i've miss you rubs, hurry up and come the cookies will get cold" and pulled him inside.

hours have passed, but to them it only seemed like a few minutes. they spent hours playing with matias, who was also extremely attached to ruby.he was now passed out on the floor surrounded by blankets, empty candy wrappers and crumbs of food. ruby spilled all the chisme on what was going on with this crew and school drama. "can I ask you something?" ruby said softly as the movie played in the back " go for it" "why don't you like to be seen. I mean people are starting to talk about you but the you that they've seen, they have no clue that it's actually you" athena knew he was going to ask this sooner or later. " I mean if it's too personal it's okay" he quickly rushed out which made her lightly laugh. she debated if she should tell him but go lightly into detail.

"my past wasn't the best. i grew up in tough situations. if it wasn't one thing it was the other. one part of me will follow me forever. i'm just scared of being seen or found. although i'm very far away, I can't risk it." ruby thought about the words that left her mouth, it wasn't because she thought she was better or because she was busy but because she's scared. ruby wanted to ask more and find out the deeper meaning but he knew she needed time. he figured other than the person that lives with her, she hasn't talked about it. " you're safe here thena, i know it's hard to talk about it to someone you've known for a month and a half, but it's also not healthy to keep the fear bottled in and try to deal with it on your own, you need to talk about it and when you're completely comfortable i'll be here you you, i promise-" athena knew he was right and pulled her lip between her teeth as he continued to talk. " to be honest i'm completely scared of going out knowing the prophets are out here and see me everyday. the guy who tried to save the love of his life but only helped latrell to receive his stupid teardrop. but I don't want to live the rest of my life with fear or regret. everyday we have the choice to turn our worst tragedies into our biggest blessings, i want to make ever second count because i'm alive and okay." by now both athena and ruby were crying. "we're going to get through this together rubs, I promise." they interlocked pinkies and knew from this moment on, everything changes.