T H I R T Y

pain, that's the only thing sammy felt. the pressure he felt when he would inhale. his head was pounding and he could feel his body shiver even though he was sweating. groaning he opened his eyes and realized he didn't know where he was. the first thought that went through his head was that they had taken him. all the memories of that night came rushing back, how he was running to athenas house when he was shot twice. he then thought about athena. sammy felt guilty knowing she was probably worried sick.
opening his eyes once again he tried to get up but let out a loud groan and instantly felt weak. he heard footsteps approaching the door and he instantly felt fear. he didn't know where he was or what they could do to him. his fear washed away as soon as he saw the familiar face. athena.
"omg sammy!! thank god you're awake" she yelled and rushed over to him. "i'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me" he said and his voice cracked from how dry his mouth was. athena slapped his head lightly and shook her head. she was crying but that made her laugh in between sobs. "you scared me sammy" she said while taking his temperature and moving the hair from his sticky forehead. the water athena had given him tasted heavenly.
sammy began to wonder how long he was out for. "how long has it been?" "just for the night, you woke up faster than I thought, you weren't reacting to the adrenaline I gave you." "wooow I thought I was out for weeks or something, i'm a fucking champ" "sammy you're so annoyi-" she was cut off by a baby crying and a worried looking oscar walking in. "holy shit you're awake" oscar said looking shocked. "sorry to interrupt but tias is crying and I don't know why, I swear I didn't do anything" sammy laughed at how scared oscar looked about the crying baby but the sharp pain turned the laughs into coughs which only hurt more.
the pain grew stronger and sammy could feel himself getting sleepier. "I need to give you pain medication, just hold on a little longer sweetheart" was all he heard before everything went black.