Deadly Times

Brookes POV

I couldn't stop reading the letter. Whoever this AB was they had my Mom. MY MOM. Boy were they going to be in trouble when I uncovered who they were. Suddenly it dawned on me that no one picked up Katy and Josh from school. I ran out of the house to Katy and Josh's elementary school. They were no longer waiting outside so I ran around to the office. "Miss Nekton," said Mrs Willson(the office lady) "I assume your here to collect Katy and Josh." "Yeah" I answered. Within minutes we were leaving and walking home. "I didn't know you were collecting us today sis," Katy said. "Well, neither did I" I chuckled. When we got home I hid the letter from them and did my homework. Once Dad got home I ran downstairs but before I could get to him Josh had already asked the question "DADDY wheres mommy??" he asked. "Isn't she here?" dad asked nervously. "Dad I need to talk to you," I said. "Not right now honey," he said, "Your Moms" he began. "Thats what I need to talk to you about!" I replied. "Ok" he stated nervously. "Alone," I told him. Gingerly, he followed me into another room and told my siblings to stay there. Before he could say anything I handed him the letter. "What's this?" he asked confused. "Just read it" I snapped. Obediently he read it. As he did I could see the looks of shock and horror on his face. "ALPHEUS!!!" he screamed. "Wait how do you know it was Alpheus?" I asked confused. "Well AB are his initials and well" he began. "Well What!?!!?!" I screamed.  "He used to think your Mom had to marry him. And he tried to spoil our wedding. He kidnapped you mom multiple times. As far as I knew he was in jail."  He looked terrified as he said it. For some reason he didn't seem to notice how guilty looked. But if he did he didn't say anything. "What are you going to do?" I asked. "Ill go talk too Grandma and Grandpa and we'll do something". "So I guess I'm picking them up" "Yeah" he answered. The rest of the evening was seriously awkward. I went to bed and fell asleep. I got up the next morning and dropped Katy and Josh off at breakfast club then went to starbucks and ordered a drink. After I went to school and saw Conner . I ran into his strong arms. Without realising it I was crying into his chest. "Hey whats wrong" he asked soothingly tilting my head until I was gazing into his emerald eyes. "Ask your phsyco Dad" I cried. "What he do?" Dad asked me concerned. "He kidnapped my Mom" I whimpered and carried on crying into his chest. "Oh no" he whispered. "Ill talk to him ask him what he's been up to. Ok?" "Thanks" I replied and kissed him on the lips. We then walked hand in hand into school. As much as I wanted to go home I knew with the help of Conner. I could stay.