Chapter 4

Everything seemed to be in some sort of a faze. I walked down the stairs. Everything was mute besides my thoughts. I walked up to y/n. My ears were ringing and all I could do was look at her smile. Everything was in slow motion until she turned around to face me and smiled at me. Everything thing went back to normal.

"Are you alright?" She asked me, noticing my expression. I snapped out of my daze.

"Oh! Uh y-yeah, yeah. I'm fine." I smiled at her. She narrowed her eyes at me nodding a little.

"You know I can feel your emotion change right?" She raised an eyebrow at me. S***. I forgot about that.

"I'm fine just talking with Dad. Don't worry." I smiled. She shrugged.

"Yeah, yeah whatever you say Tom." She smiled and I still felt my heart clench but melt at the same time. "Ok. So I'm going up to my room for a bit. I think I may have a lead on the whole Smith mob situation." She told me before walking off.

"What's up with you mate? You look all weird. Like a lovestruck teenager." Sam laughed at me. I punched his arm to shut him up. He nursed his arm rubbing it to calm the pain. "I'm just saying. Anyway, what was Dad talking to you about?"

"Nothing." I replied.

"Nothing being...." Sam pushed.

"Nothing." I restated a little harder.

"Did it have anything to do with y/n?" Sam asked. I didn't answer. "What is it?"

"Nothing Sam. Just leave it. Ok?" I huffed.

"Ok. Whatever you say Thomas." He walked off.

I rolled my eyes and looked up to where y/n's room was. "I'm sorry." I whispered to her even though she couldn't hear me...

- - - - - - - -

You POV

- - - - - - - -

I walked into my room and sat down at my desk. "Ok. So I've interrogated 20 of the staff... I still have 30...." I looked through the background information on 'Matthew Gargen'... He was in another Mob before this one... it has no records of which one.... That's a little strange. I stood up and walked down to the break room.

I walked in and the chatter that once filled the room died down immediately. I heard some small whispers of things like "S*** it's y/n." "Oh crap she's here." "Shut up and look like you're doing something productive."

I walked up to Matthew. "Matthew Gargen?" I spoke up interrupting his conversation he laughed at what the other guy had said. Once he turned around to see me, his smile dropped, his eyes widened and he quickly regained himself.

"Y-yes ma'am." He stuttered. "I am Matt Gargen. What do you need me for?" He asked gulping.

"Come with me." I turn to walk out. I heard a whistle and turned to my left to look at the man who whistled, he shut his mouth immediately looking down at his hands nervously. "Now." I told Gargen. He stood up and followed me out. I lead him to my office which Dom gave me for investigation. "Sit down." I gestured to the chair of the other side of the desk. He sat down without argue.

"D-did I uh do something wrong?" He asked finally.

"That's what I'm here to find out." I stated blankly. I opened his files. "So, Matthew Gargen huh? Let's see here... you've worked here for twenty and a half years?" He nodded. "You're birthday is the 17th of May 1970..." He still remained silent. "You can calm down. I won't hurt you, unless you A, piss me off or B, don't cooperate."