Chapter 16

Y/n's POV

- - - - - - - -

"I SAID DROP YOUR GUN!" Henry yelled at Tom in alarm. I stared at tom in shock, still holding harry's lifeless body.

"Make me." Tom said firmly and he stepped forward to intimidate Henry. As he stepped forward my grip on Harry tightened.

"T-Tom." I stuttered out and my voice cracked from my crying. A fresh coat of tears slowly slid down my face..

"Y/n. It's going to be ok." Tom looked at me and I could see and feel his hurt. He looked at me with longing laced in his eyes. I curled up a little around Harry. I could feel him blood dripping down my arms and I wanted to scream out but I couldn't.

"T-Tom... h-he... he killed ha-rry." I whispered and my voice shook. All my worst fears were coming true.

"y/n!" Henry's voice made me jump a little, "What are you doing! Shoot him!" I quickly napped me head to look at Henry who looked like he had fire blazing in his eyes., "Shoot Tom! It's two against one! We've won! Don't you get it! Shoot him now! And it'll all be over!" That way he spoke made it sound like he had lost his mind.

"B-But..." I whimpered. I didn't know what to do and suddenly I felt like a hopeless and unprotected little girl again. I always hated this feeling and his it away, covering it with a fierce face. But I was so scared at that moment.

"What do you mean 'but'?! He killed your family! He lied to you this whole time! He doesn't love you! Avenge your family and kill him!" Henry snapped. Tom immediately yelled back at him angrily.

"No! I did not kill her family!" He snapped. He looked at me and his expression changed to look at me like I was a precious and fragile piece of glass, "y/n! I know that I didn't tell you. I know it was wrong! I wanted to tell you every day! It killed me inside to see you like this. Every minute of every day... that night. I was going to tell you but you weren't there." He told me and I could feel he was telling the truth... none of this would have happened if I had just stayed in the room that night. "Y/n, I wanted to tell you for so long but Dad said he would kill you if I did." His voice shook as he said 'kill you'. I stared into his eyes to try and find a hint of a lie but there was none.

"LIER!" Henry bellowed, "Y/n! He is lying to you! He would have told you if he wanted to. But he didn't! You need to kill him before he can lie to you anymore!" I felt the two sides of me battling. One was scream8ng to kill him while the other was begging to run to Tom. I screamed my eyes shut and shook my head to try and stop the voices from screaming, "Do it!" Then a voice won when he said 'do it.' just like they said it when I was little. Just like I was told my whole life. I delicately laid Harry down softly on the ground and hung my head low as I stood up. I felt the darkness invade my thoughts and I stood up fully. I raised both of my arms and pointed one at each of them. I continued to look at the floor as my m8nd went numb.

"Y/n! What are you doing!?" Henry stepped back and I noted to fear in his alarmed tone.

"Give. Me. One. Reason." I said firmly. I lifted my head slowly and stared blankly ahead, "Give me one reason. Why I should shoot both of you. Right here. Right now." I demanded with a blank expression and an emotionless tone. Immediately Henry spoke up.

"Because. I told you the truth about your family. I told you about your past and I saved you from him!" In my peripheral vision I saw him pointing a Tom, "I am your ally!" To such lies I responded,

"Correction." my eyes trailed to look at Henry and I turned my head to look at him fully, "You kidnapped me. Held me hostage and showed me footage of my Parents both being shot." I corrected, "And you used me to your advantage this whole time. You thought I was so dense and so over come with a thirst for revenge that I wouldn't see it." An alarmed expression overcame him eyes and he retracted a little from his demanding position.