Chapter 8

"It'll just be her way of blocking everyone out. You are after all the only person she trusts-trusted. I've seen y/n build up all her walls. You've been the only one to break them down again... so you've also been the only one to hurt her like this... I hate to be straight with you, but... I doubt she will let this go..."

"But, I have to try." I stated firmly creasing my eyebrows together. "I have to. If I'm the only one who can break her walls then I'm the only one who can fix it." I stood up out of my seat and walked out.

"Tom?" I turned to face my dad, he looked at me for a second before nodding in approval.

I walked out of the office to y/n's room. I knocked on the door lightly.

"State your name and your business." Y/n's blank voice spoke from the other side.

"It's Tom. And I need to talk to you urgently." I firmly stated.

"May I ask what it is about?"

"What happened earlier tonight." I recalled that it really only happened an hour ago.

The was silence in the other side of the door, and I took it as my opportunity to come in. I saw y/n at her desk. Something is definitely wrong, y/n never used her desk. I walked up to her and took the seat next to her. She didn't look at me. She just continued to look on her computer. I looked over and saw she was researching on the fallen mob.

"Y/n, I need to tell you how sorry I am for everything. I never meant to hurt you. I would never want to. I care about you more than any-"

"Do me a favour Mr. Holland, and spare me the bulls**t." Y/n cut me off.

"It's not bulls*** y/n and you know it." I snapped back. "I care about you more than anything."

"Just stop. You lied straight to my face about something so important." It felt like what she had just said really did hold emotion but the way she said still made it seem lifeless. "I don't know why you would lie to me about this. I can't help but feel like it's something more than about the case." Once again I expected it to sound hurt or something but... no emotion still. She still hadn't even looked at me. Only her computer. I shut her laptop screen causing her to look at me. "If you don't mind, I'm rather busy so I need to focus on the case. Now if you would please leave me alone." Y/n sighed.

"It is about something more than the case." I answered.

This caused y/n to face me. "Are you going to tell me exactly what it is or is it 'classified'?"

I bit my lip, chewing it. Do I tell her? Oh for f*** sake Tom this is what got you here in the first place. Tell her!!

I huffed and opened my mouth to speak "It's the fallen mob. Y/n the fallen mob is actually-" I was cut off and the perfectly wrong moment possible, by my dad entering the room.

"Tom might I have a word?" My dad stared at me firmly. I knew this was not about anything good, but I'm not stopping this conversation.

"In a minute dad. I'm busy." I stated.

"This cannot wait." He stated more firmly.

"It will have to." I clenched my fists. "I need to discuss things with y/n right now so I will talk to you once I am done." I stared at him challengingly.

"Thomas I will not ask again." My dad stepped forward. "Y/n would you please give us a minute?" Dad looked at y/n now with a look that said she had no choice.

Y/n hesitated for a moment looking sideways at me, before obliging. "Yes Sir." She stood up and walked out, she looked at me one last time before leaving and I saw the smallest hint of concern in her eyes. It was small but it was there.