Chapter 18

A/N: PLEASE READ THE END A/N!!!!

- - - - - - - - 

Nikki's POV

- - - - - - - -

Sam and I were running through the mansion. I always knew it would come to this. What were we thinking? We took her parents lives and then we took her. Lied to her and basically brainwashed her. This is the karma hitting us all at once. But we deserve it.

I then suddenly fell to the floor. My brain felt like it was being split open. I screamed out in pain and Sam quickly knelt beside me. His mouth was moving but I couldn't hear what he was saying.

I just felt the immense pain ripping me apart piece by piece. My heart felt numb and I couldn't tell if it was even still beating or not. My vision turned blurry and I black out. That was until my eyes were opened and I saw... y/n. She was standing there pointing her gun at me. But I also had my gun pointed at her...

No.

 I didn't.

Dom did.

I was seeing through Dom's eyes or something. But it felt more like a flashback instead of an image of the present. Suddenly, I saw Tom come out from inside a room and the focus changed to look at him. That's when I heard a bang and it went black. I felt the pain in my forehead increase and it felt like it would if you got shot there but didn't die.

"Mum!" I heard Sam's voice finally. But I was too focused on the pain. I don't get it. Dom is dead. How can I still think. Shouldn't I be dead too? Everything was hurting.

Except my heart.

I opened my eyes as I realised.

I didn't love Dom any more.

I'm not dead because our soulmate bond was cut off. I could still see what I just saw because you can't fully get rid of your soulmate. Even if you hate them. But that connection that made us one person at heart was broken.

"Mum!" Sam spoke again. He picked me up from my laid position on the ground and slung my arm over his shoulder as support. He stumbled forwards and kept going. I was able to move my legs a little but I still felt the pain in my head that blurred my vision and muddled my thoughts.

Everything was in some kind of haze... I felt a sense of longing in my heart. Like it was searching for something. After all, with a soulmate you feel them there every second of your life even before you meet them. But I just felt lost. Like I couldn't find my way in this maze and like I was empty. But I still felt that piece on me there. Just me.

We rounded a corner and Sam yelled out and my ears perked at Tom's name. I lifted my head weakly and my vision came into focus and I saw Tom and y/n. They were right there. Not fighting each other or at gunpoint. There were there together.

I wanted to say something like how sorry I was or anything to make something better but all I could manage was to mumble, "Tom...y/n..."

They looked at me like they had seen a ghost. Y/n looked frightened and confused. Tom looked stunned and I realised why. Y/n had killed Dom. She must have thought I would be dead now too. Even I thought that but I was wrong. Somehow.

- - - - - - - -

Tom's POV

- - - - - - - -

Holy s***. Oh my god. This can't be happening. No. It's impossible. That-that just- this can't be- how? I'm seeing things. I must be. But she's right there. She- she's not- but-

I looked at y/n to see if I was really seeing this and if she was seeing it too. And there she was. Stunned completely and it was like everything in her just stopped functioning.

"Tom! Something is wrong with Mum! We were running and she suddenly fell and she looked like she was in so much pain! And- and then she black out! I don't know what's happening!" Sam frantically stuttered.

I just couldn't even bring myself to say anything. I felt y/n's grip on my hand tighten and her hand shook.

"I think something happened to Dad! It's the only explanation!" Sam concluded and my throat felt like it had closed up. Dad is dead. But mum is alive. That doesn't make any sense! If a soulmate dies then no matter what the circumstance, the other dies too, "Tom? Y/n? What's wrong?" Sam finally realised y/n and mine's expressions.

"He-he's... dead..." Mum spoke. Mum.

"What!? How do you know!? That's impossible! Because you're still-" Sam was cut off.

"The only way you could possibly be alive is if you cut off the soulmate connection." y/n suddenly spoke out of nowhere and I saw the look in her eyes that said she fully understood what was happening. Mum nodded at what she said and took her arm back from around Sam's shoulders and tried to stumble forward. When she almost fell over y/n quickly acted out of reflexes and lept forwards to catch her, "W-what happened?"

"I felt it. When it happened. I saw it happen." Mum explained mainly to y/n, "Then there was pain. So much pain before absolutely nothing." She looked into y/n's eyes and muttered, "y/n. I am so sorry." y/n didn't respond. But I could feel her heart catch a little. She nodded once as a way of mutual understanding.

"We need to get out of here." y/n spoke and slung Mum's arm around her shoulders.

"How? Do we go through the garden?" Haz asked.

"No. We can't do that because there are snipers all throughout the garden." y/n shook her head.

"So we are completely locked in. Looks like Henry really does know how to infiltrate a mob." Haz huffed.

"Actually. I was the one who designed this whole lay out." y/n replied, "And I specifically made it so that it would be impossible to get out."

"What do we do then? If we stay here, we will all get shot. We have to do something and fast." Sam spoke. I opened my mouth to say something when suddenly something on y/n's belt made a noise and I froze as y/n's eyes widend as she and I both remembered. The communicator...

"Y/n? Do you copy? Henry hasn't responded!" A voice spoke. Everyone fell silent as we all waited for y/n's next move. She picked up the communicator and spoke into it.

"Henry's down..." She answered and I could hear the hint of the shaking tone in her voice.

"Oh thank god, you're alive. But what do we do?" The man spoke. Y/n fell silent, "Henry told us that if he were to fall all of our forces must turn to you."

"...How many are there in your squadron?" She asked.

"Many of us have been killed or wounded but there are still half of us left." He answered. And that's when she looked at me. She had an idea.

"I think I know what we need to do." She said to all of us and the man on the other line who was still oblivious to our presence.

A/N:

Heyyy! I am so sorry that I didn't update last week. School sucks.

But I am back and now y'all need to listen!!!!

I do not know how to end this book! I have two different ideas so...

Comment an emoji here if you want a happy ending.

Comment an emoji here if you want a sad ending.

I CANT DECIDE SO PLEASE COMMENT A RANDOM EMOJI ABOVE AND CHOOSE!