Chapter 9

Tom's POV

- - - - - - - -

"Y/n!" I called out as I ran out through the halls. I haven't been able to find y/n anywhere and I've been looking for the past 30 minutes, "Y/N!" I called out but there was once agin no answer.

Then it hit me.

Dad.

I ran to Dad's study where I saw the door already open. I ran in to see dad sitting at his desk, "What did you do with y/n!?" My voice boomed throughout the office.

"Thomas. Calm down. I didn't do anything to y/n-" I cut him off.

"WHERE IS SHE!?" I slammed my fists down on the desk. Dad stood up.

"I do not know Thomas! Someone broke into my study! I found traces of gasses in here!" My dad raised his own voice above mine, "All security systems were down in here. I think someone kidnapped y/n."

"You expect me to believe that?" I glared, "First you threaten to kill y/n and then it just so happens that she disappears when you interrupted our conversation and asked her to leave. I bet you planned all of this."

"I did not plan for this Thomas!"

"Bulls**t!"

"SHUT UP AND LISTEN!" He spat, "I did not kill y/n! I did not take her! I was with you when the security cameras were down! I was not in my office which is probably where y/n was."

I still didn't quite believe him but I stayed quiet, "So you think someone broke in, and somehow managed to defeat y/n in a one on one fight. Wouldn't y/n have kicked their ass?" I pointed out suspiciously.

"It wasn't a one on one. There was gas involved. They gassed her because they knew that she would win if they had to fight." Dad clarified.

"You sound pretty sure of yourself. It's only been 35 minutes since she went missing and yet here you are with all the answers when you said there was no security cameras or anything. And how can you find traces of gas in that time too? You seem awfully suspicious to me, so please forgive me if I somehow suspect you with all of this evidence." I sarcastically apologised to my father.

"Son, I understand how you may think that because I get that there are some points that seem to point that way. So I guess that the only evidence you have towards my innocence is my word." I glared at my father.

"Well 'your word' isn't exactly the most reliable source in the world may I remind you." I raised an eyebrow.

"What ever happened to the Thomas that used to follow me? The Thomas that trusted me with his life? The Thomas I once knew?" Dad sighed sadly.

"I grew up." I snapped, "I'm not blindly stupid anymore. And cut the crap about you and me."

"I understand how stressed you are about y/n missing ok? I do." Dad tried to show me he understood. Yeah right.

"You sure as hell are bad at showing it." I gritted my teeth, "How the hell can someone like you have any idea what I'm going through right now?"

"Because I have been in the exact same situation Tom." My dad looked into my eyes directly.

"Really? You're soulmate was capture by some psycho and your dad is acting like it's nothing?" I asked sarcastically, about to break.

"Yes."

My expression softened a little, "With Mum?" Dad nodded.

"It was the Highcast mob. The heir to their leadership and I had disagreements. One day, they kidnapped your mother. My Dad thought it was nothing but it was so much worse. They hurt her Thomas. And guess what. Ever slap, every punch, I felt it all." My breathing got caught in my throat.