Chapter 6

- - - - - - - - 

 Tom's POV

 - - - - - - - -

 What was y/n talking about? Something along the lines of Dad being suspicious... about what?We entered her room and she sat cross legged on the bed. I sat opposite her mimicking her position."So what's this about my dad acting weird?" I asked. "Tell me the whole story." 

 "You really want the whole story? You can't tell anyone ok? This stays with you and only you. No Haz or anyone." she stated. 

 "Yes. Go." I nodded. 

 "Ok, so I was interrogating this Matthew Gargen guy right." my eyes widened. He was the guy who worked for the l/n Mob... "I saw in his records that he used to work for this deceased Mob. But when I asked him about it he said it was 'classified' and that Dom told him not to tell me." she explained. I nodded for her to continue. "So I called Dom in to confirm and he just said it was nothing. But I could tell he was hiding something from me... I don't think it had anything to do with the infiltration though... it's something else."I just stayed silent. "I can't find anything on the deceased Mob. Apparently it happened like 20 years ago or something like that..." Wait. Does she even know her parents ran a Mob!? What the hell dad!? He hasn't even told her that! "That Matthew was way too suspicious so I'm keeping a close eye on him..." she then shot up from her layed down position "Hey do you know anything about the deceased Mob?" She asked me. 

 "Uh... no. No. No deceased Mob I know about..." I stuttered which did not help my lie. I felt so bad lying to y/n but I had to... I noticed her shoulders slump. Probably because she was doubting she could do this. "Hey, don't worry, you'll figure it out." I comforted her. She half smiled looking at the wall instead of me. I shuffled closer to her and slung my arm around her shoulders. "You're the smartest person I've ever met. Not to mention the most confident, strongest and f***ing scariest too." I smiled. "If anyone can crack this case it'll be you." 

 "Hey, do you know who else used to work for the deceased Mob other than Gargen?" She asked me. This doesn't really count as not telling her about her family right? Close enough. 

 "Uh yeah... I think there was... Zack Calemen, Elijah Dilt, Samuel Forrest and... Gregory Hall." I recalled the names I remembered who helped us with the infiltration that ruined her life. How could I forget. 

"Ok that's a start then. I'll interrogate them and see if they'll cough anything up." She smiled. 

"Uh... yeah... you do that..." I half smiled. She'll probably find out about everything knowing how smart y/n is... I still feel guilty... will she hate me? I couldn't blame her if she did... 

"Hey Tom, I can feel you randomly getting sad sometimes in our conversations... what's wrong? You can tell me anything." 

 "Um...." I was hesitant. What do i do? I can't tell her... I looked away biting my lip. She shuffled closer to me 

"What is it?" She asked softly. 

 "I..." I sighed breathing out of my nose. "Now it's your turn to not tell anyone." I decided to tell her something different. It is not a lie. It's my biggest secret. Well second now I guess... "I... I never wanted to be part of this mob." 

 "Really?" She looked surprised. "What did you want to do?" 

 "I wanted to be a dancer and an actor." I told her truthfully. "But Dad never let me... so here I am I guess..." I smiled sadly. 

 "So the famous Tom Holland can act?" she joked making me laugh. 

 "Yeah. I'm not too bad if I do say so myself." I smirked.