eleven

So then there were two - and four teenagers following them since Lily and James decided to go on an actual date

So then there were two - and four teenagers following them since Lily and James decided to go on an actual date. Mercy and Sirius walked through Hogsmeade, arms linked together as Peter, Dorcas, Remus, and Emmeline followed them.

"I'm sorry you got stuck with me because the girls went on dates with your friends," muttered Mercy.

He looked down at her and shook his head. "I'm truly glad to be here. You're...refreshing - cute, if you will."

"Me? Cute?"

"Yes, you," he replied.

"Really? I've never really seen myself as that," she murmured, reaching down to fidget with her skirt only to remember she wasn't wearing a skirt in the cold winter.

Sirius chuckled. "Sorry, no skirt to fidget with."

She sheepishly looked up at him. "You said you noticed that I did that when I was nervous."

"Yeah, I'm not sure when I noticed. Think it means I pay too much attention to you, not that it bothers me." He shrugged.

"Why do you say things like that?" she asked.

"Things like what?"

He stopped walking, forcing them to stop in the middle of Hogsmeade. There were other students around, giggling with their friends or dates.

"Things like...how you notice things about me or that I'm cute. It's like... It's like you're trying to compliment me," she murmured.

"I am," he retorted. "Because you're absolutely adorable. Even now. Godric, look how adorable you are, standing in the cold with this cute scarf and your pink nose. You can't even say something without being shy about it."

"I'm sorry?" she questioned, face scrunched up.

"There. That. I wish I could take a moving photo of that face." He unwrapped his arm from her arm and placed his gloved hands onto her cheeks. "I fancy you, Mercy."

"Huh?" she asked.

Emmeline silently gasped. "Is he... Is he confessing to her?"

Remus peered at them from behind a tree. "I'm pretty sure."

"I... I fancy you too, Sirius," Mercy admitted.

"I want to kiss you," Sirius blurted out.

"Do it," she whispered.

He leaned in and pressed his cold, chapped lips against her own cold, chapped lips.