eight

"Are you shagging Black?" Emmeline asked

Mercy blushed, fidgeting uncomfortably as she pulled her skirt down. She pressed her thighs together and wiggled on the bench.

Dorcas snorted. "She wishes. I bet she has wet dreams about him."

"Stop!" Mercy whined. "This is so embarrassing."

Dorcas cooed, pinching Mercy's cheek. "You're adorable."

The Marauders walked into the Great Hall and sat in front of the girls. They were sitting at the Gryffindor table. Mercy was the only Hufflepuff there, but no one seemed to care as long as she wasn't a Slytherin.

"Who's adorable?" Sirius asked. "Are we talking about me?"

Emmeline scowled, Dorcas gagged, and Lily rolled her eyes.

"None of us think you're adorable, Black, but one certain girl does," said Lily.

"Really now?" Sirius asked.

Emmeline hummed. "Her name's - "

"Marlene McKinnon," Mercy interrupted. "She fancies you."

"McKinnon?" Sirius asked, raising an eyebrow. "I know she fancies me. We shagged in our fourth year."

Mercy frowned before quickly replacing it with a smile. "Is there anyone you haven't shagged?"

He smirked, leaning over the table to get closer to her. "Yeah - you."

"Uh - and me," chimed Dorcas.

"And me," said Emmeline.

"And definitely me," Lily said.

"Because Lily is definitely going to shag me for the rest of her life," James said.

Lily stared at James before lightly smiling. It was obvious that she was warming up to James. Even though he was acting more mature, he still put in those tiny jokes that made her smile.

"You're not shagging me," Mercy said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"We'll see. No one can resist me," Sirius retorted.

The girls - excluding Mercy - all looked at each other, sending telepathic messages to each other about how true that was in terms of Mercy.

"Honestly, Sirius, I'm not that daft to shag you. It would ruin our friendship," Mercy said.

He slightly frowned, then backed away.