twelve

Mercy groaned, peeking one eye open to look at the clock

Mercy groaned, peeking one eye open to look at the clock. It was nine in the morning. She sighed, reaching over her side to smack the person next to her. She continued to smack him until he woke up.

"What? What? What is it?"

"Sirius, wake up," Mercy muttered.

"Why?"

"It's the day of a full moon, you idiot."

He sighed, scooting closer to her and hugging her against his chest.

"Remus needs you," she pointed out.

"I need you if you know what I mean," Sirius said, pressing his lips to her shoulder.

She could feel his lips smiling against her shoulder.

"You're insatiable," she retorted. "Now, get up."

"And leave you here alone with Kreacher?" he asked.

"I'll go over to James and Lily's flat," Mercy responded.

"It's almost July," he quietly said.

Mercy nodded. "Almost July," she repeated. "Come on. I'm sure James, Remus, and Peter are expecting you. You're always the late one."

Sirius sighed, unwrapping his arms from her body and getting out of bed. He began to get dressed. Mercy sluggishly did the same.

The two walked downstairs quietly, hoping to get past the portrait of Walburga Black. But of course, they didn't. She was a sly woman, even in death.

"You nasty, disgusting whore of a Half-breed!" Walburga screeched.

"Shut up!" Sirius shouted. "Shut it, you foul woman! And if you ever call her a whore again, I'll figure out a way to rip your face a new hole!"

That shut her up immediately, but she was still scowling. Mercy grabbed Sirius's wrist, pulling him away from his deceased mother.

"Come on, you big worry-wart. I told you her insults don't actually insult me anymore," Mercy retorted.

Sirius frowned. "You should never have gotten used to them in the first place."

"That doesn't matter anymore. It's not like you have a time-turner," she retorted. "Got the Floo powder?" Mercy asked.

He nodded, grabbing the Floo powder in his hand before clearly shouting, "James and Lily Potter's flat!"

He stepped into the fire and disappeared.