nineteen

Within years, Harry got married to Ginny

Within years, Harry got married to Ginny. James and Lily were ready to get reincarnated, so they walked through the portal after saying their good-byes.

Sirius and Mercy stayed for a few more months before they decided to finally walk through the portal.

"We'll see each other eventually, Moony," reassured Sirius.

"It was lovely getting to know you, Tonks," said Mercy.

"It was lovely getting to know you as well," Tonks replied.

Remus and Tonks were going to stay there. They wanted to watch over Teddy.

"Have a safe trip, Padfoot," Remus said as the two hugged.

"Thank you. Treat her well," Sirius said, pointing at Tonks. "She has Black blood in her."

Tonks rolled her eyes. "Are you going to leave yet?"

"You see that? It's the Black attitude as well," Sirius added.

Mercy and Remus looked at each other, shaking their heads as the other two began to bicker. Remus guided Mercy a few feet away from Sirius and Tonks.

"Take care of Sirius, all right? He always gets into trouble," Remus called out.

Mercy frowned. "But, Remus, when we get reincarnated, we don't get to choose who we are. How do you know I'll be with the new Sirius? How do you know any of us will end up as friends?"

Remus shook his head. "I don't know, but I can only hope. I believe we are all meant to be together."

She sniffled and flung herself onto him, hugging him around the neck. "I'll miss you so much."

"I'll miss you as well."

The two withdrew from each other and walked back to Sirius and Tonks. Sirius held his arm out for Mercy and she took it.

"Are you ready, love?" Sirius asked.

Mercy nodded. "Always."

The two smiled once more at Remus and Tonks before walking into the portal.